And then this little darling came down with a very sudden case of nail-polish-all-over-my-face-itis. Know a cure? And don't say fingernail polish remover [it burns...not that I would know] or rubbing alcohol. They don't work. Slowly peeling it away in small pieces (whilst yanking out-delicate-peach-fuzz-on-our-hairiest-child) isn't a good idea either. It involves lots of crying and high pitched squealing.
(It was much sparklier and pretty in person.)
22 comments:
Poor girls! I hope they heal quickly. I guess you just gotta learn some lessons the hard way.
Oh no! I read about 5th's Disease while trying to diagnose our lovely rash of the season. I'm glad it was painless, can't say as much for the finger nail polish, though! Ouch!
Interesting what is out there. One of my girls had Scarlet Fever last year (much worse than it sounds).
We have never done nail polish on the face (on the carpet, furniture, floor, toilet, blankets, and cabinets...yes. But not the face.)
Okay, three points for little Babs--that's one that none of you five girls ever thought of. What was she doing? It sounds very painful...kind of like a tar and feathering, without the feathers.
My family got 5ths disease when I was pregnant with Joseph (pregnancy is the only thing that is scary w/ that disease and I was banned from the school because it was going around there). Turns out I am immune(had it as a child), and my husband and sister are both the one in the 1 in 10 adults who will break out into a horrible rash if they get it.
As far as the nail polish ... good luck. I have found that throwing away all the nail polish in the house is a good solution. Just look at my "beautiful" nails if you don't believe me.
Yes yes, very sad, poor babies... can you have them looking somewhat presentable by Friday afternoon please? I'm only a photographer, not a miracle worker.
Bab actually looks adorable... in a Shrek's cat friend eyes sorta way.
So sad! I have read that rubbing vegetable oil on the skin and then washing with soap will get paint off skin. Maybe it will work for nail polish too...
WOW nail polish, didn't know about that one, but I bet it was very pretty when she put it on. So sorry.
Oh, fifths disease we've done. Nail polish on the face? Ow. Did she paint herself or have help? Off to throw away the nail polish. I wasn't even smart enough to consider THAT possibility! (I have to admit I was hoping for a picture of a big pustule. Any of those?)
are you sure you didn't just slap her cheek?
1. Where were you when they got into mischief, gabbing with your sister or something? How irresponsible.
2. They are sweet little messes, aren't they?
3. I'm glad all bacteria and illnesses are not visible like Fifths because I think we would be SHOCKED at all we're passing around. Ew! Dirty! (Except I'm sure your kids are clean, er...)
You know, I know people older than Clark that start medical school. Then you'd never have to take your kids to the doctor! Sounds like a winner of an idea to me.
I feel like I'm looking at a picture of Abby. She's so cute (even with 5th Disease...whatever that is. Never heard of it either)! Nail polish adventures...it's the mark of true motherhood (that's if you have girls of course!).
Bless their hearts (and skin)!
SO Sorry! spring is always the WORST for little virius' going around. We have all been sick for about a month, now the little baby is, and I just might go crazy!
aaww poor little girls!! i hope they get better! :)
Oooooh-- that makes my face hurt!! I hope she feels better soon:)
17 comments...things are really clickin, huh? I mean, no it's fine. I'm fine...I think I have something in my eye--excuse me.
Bummer about the nail polish. Ouch. Fifths Disease sounds kinda like an adventure.
It took me awhile but I finally realized who has the nail polish on her face and which one has the fifth's disease. Poor baby to Babs and points for creative thinking to Meems.
Never even heard of it! Hope everyone is okay. What happened with the nail polish?
I just rubbed cortisone all over Addie's face to relieve her itchy rash. Guess I need to do some googling. Glad I read your blog today. Funny how you forget things. I think Gavin had 5ths disease when he was little, but it never would have crossed my mind now. I guess my parenting is going downhill. Aren't I supposed to be getting better with all of this experience.
Post a Comment