Sunday, March 08, 2009

Ready, set, GORGE!


I am now accepting bets on how soon all five boxes of Girl Scout cookies will be gone. If you need any help, consider this: Once in high school I bought a box of Samoas from a girl scout standing outside the grocery store. I consumed an entire sleeve before I even got home. I got some serious girl-scout-cookie-eating skills. Oh, life is happy. (And for the added bonus, I even have girl scout cookie ice cream in the freezer.)

19 comments:

JJ said...

Lucky you! I'm convinced that the Girl Scouts have severed all ties with Utah (not sure why) because I haven't seen a single one! And I would buy them! I love Girl Scout cookies.

Maybe it's better this way...less weight to lose in the long run.

My guess...a day and a half.

Kelly Mo said...

We received our order last week and I have been enjoying them! The samoas lasted a day.

Unknown said...

I happen to know that you were delivered 5 -- not 4 -- boxes of cookies. The picture only has four boxes -- Is that 5th box already gone?????

Sadie Lou said...

oh thin mints!! i haven't had them in so long! you are so lucky!! :)

michaelstubbs said...

Are they made with real girl scouts?

Sunnie said...

i love the dreyers thin mint ice cream- so so good.

Amy Lynn said...

I agree with commentor #1...where is a girl in Utah supposed to find her fix???? Usually we get at least one troop outside of Wal-Mart but we are dry this year. Guess I'm have to go settle for a scoop of Reese's Peanut Butter ice-cream (oh wait! I just ate at least 5 brownies at a family function...dang.)

Suebee said...

I am betting the yellow box is the last to go.

Berly said...

this past weekend, I went to Time Out for Women. ONe of the girls ate an entire sleeve of Samoas for breakfast and than another one at 11pm. She LOVES girl scout cookies!!

Suzie Petunia said...

Samoas are my fav. LOVEY LOVEY LOVE them, and ate an entire box last week myself.

I wont' tell you that there are 70 calories IN EACH ONE. 'Cause that would be hurtful.

mo said...

Is that true? No GS cookies in Utah? It's true I haven't seen any here, but then we live in a secured apartment building where the median age is about 75--not many kids living here. But why aren't they at my local Smith's store????? AAAAgh! I...need...thin...mints....

Roxie said...

I was so happy to find a new source this year after a move last year took me away from my source in Utah (check out the elementary schools around order time, that's where I got mine).

I sat down to eat just a few thin mints the other night, and somehow the whole box disappeared. I'm not really sure where it went.

Maleen said...

Mine usually last a few hours, unless I am letting the kids have some and then they last a bit longer.

Lucky Mommy said...

Yum! My bet is a day on the first 3 boxes, two days on the other 2 boxes. I didn't buy any because I have a similar method of inhaling one sleeve in a sitting - or standing in the kitchen!

Abby said...

Cookies, can you hear me? RUN! RUN LIKE THE WIND!

Natalie said...

I really need to buy some. Or not.

Twinlinebackers said...

Considering there are only 4 boxes in the picture, I can only assume you didn't have the patience to open it nicely but shredded it in your attempt to inhale it whole....?

Mandee said...

Where do I get my hands on some of those???

Dallas and Krista said...

At least you only bought 5! I bought 10 boxes of thin mints alone!