Thursday, March 05, 2009

Another self diagnosis...

In the words of Liz Lemon: "more is coming..."
The diagnosis is in. I have verbal incontinence. Is there a cure? Probably just earplugs for other people. Without this malady my life and the life of my loved ones might be oh-so-much-quieter. And my blog entries would be much shorter. Now what fun would that be?

*****************************

In other news: I came across this picture today while de-cluttering my desk. It was taken last year by a talented friend/co worker of Clark's during a port call in Northern France. Doesn't he look pious?
(Lest you be confused...he is posing for the camera and I'm sure trying to stifle the giggles from the corner of his mouth that we can't see. Correction: men don't giggle. He must be stifling a manly grunt of comedic approval.)

And now I will say one of the only phrases that I know in French...phonetically. May my delightfully lovely and beautiful French sister in law not be too ashamed that this is all I remember from our brief French lessons:
(Since it is spelled phonetically, I must insist that you say it with the southern drawl of a 1st year french student in let's say, middle school.)
"Sa garsone la? Tray bo, no?"
(The only other two sentences I remember make my sister in law shake her head in shame.)

8 comments:

Leese said...

oui, il est tres beau! I think i took 2 years of french? but of course spent most of the time in trouble for talking! let me know if you find something for that verbal incontinence thing! I just love reading your blog!

Amy Lynn said...

Em, verbal incontinence runs in the family. I can make people literally weep and gnash their teeth with how much I can talk. There is no cure except not answering the phone when people like me call.

Clark is tres handsome. I'd like to now unleash my french vocabulary...jambon, glace, J'ai joue au tennis. Thank you.

Emma Jo said...

Is it "LEST you be confused or LESS"? At least I should be getting my English right, right?

Rynell said...

I have the same malady.

Lucky Mommy said...

I like your condition. It gives me fun things to read. Hurray for your verbal incontinence!

katyvee said...

When I read that I imagined a diaper for our mouths.
I love the V.I. (kinda sounds like a venereal disease when you use the initials. I don't think I can spell venereal.)
May we carry on the self-discovery and humor that is the product of this chronic illness!
Appropriate, and to-the-point is so over-rated anyhow..

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i don't even know what to say about this post, but I am a loyal commenter, so i must bump your numbers.

Natalie said...

Did you really marry Clark Scharman? :) That's a cute picture of him.