Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Tuesday conquered Monday



OK, so maybe I let things sit for more than an hour...but I woke up on Tuesday with new resolve...and my husband helped tidy things a bit on Monday night.
Sometimes I just have to stall the bigger jobs with smaller ones to get me going...I spent a half hour organizing the girls' hair things (I just couldn't possibly mix the loose ribbons with the headbands anymore...) and finally put labels on all the bins in the basement that we organized a couple of weekends ago (no organizing project is complete without a before and after picture!) I even got grocery shopping done and made a delicious meal to end our day. So it's Wednesday and I am Queen of my castle again. I am caught up on laundry and dishes which means that I can sit and work on fun projects today, guilt free. I promised the girls a special treasure hunt for their pink diamond this afternoon (they are a tad into Indiana Jones at the moment...) so maybe I'll dally a bit with a treasure map. Now all I need is a shower and I will feel ready to conquer the rest of the week.
Wishing you all the best of luck with the rest of your week...

20 comments:

mo said...

Wow! All I can say is I am impressed...but not surprised...especially with the labels on the bins. The roasted veggies look divine. Will you come cook for us? Oh wait, you did for 7 months. I miss that.

Charlotte said...

Maybe my Wednesday can conquer Monday and Tuesday combined. But I strongly doubt it.

Lucky Mommy said...

What is that meal? That looks incredible! Here's to getting things done, and husbands who help!

Vi said...

Wow- your basement is so organized! I just love when things are organized... you wouldn't know it by looking at our room right now though. Although, Joe's sock drawer is really nice and neat and his socks are all paired up (thanks to watching Suze Orman on Oprah who said that you can tell if a person is in debt by looking in their drawers... ha ha ha... unfortunately, I am not joking and I really did organize our drawers because of her!)

meg said...

Don't you get a little nauseous on the roller-coaster ride between slum and palace, crazy and calm? I do!! Hope the girls have fun finding their diamond!

Twinlinebackers said...

I wish my bad days were followed by conquerous days. Way to go.
Vi - Does it include ALL the drawers? Same as my debt, I just a couple messy drawers and they are not MY fault so maybe it's accurate. I'd love to do a study on that claim. If I organize the last of the drawers will the debt go away?

So Em, your dinner of asparagus looks amazing. Yum! I would like to know how you are caught up on laundry. When I say that everyone goes and puts on another outfit and then there's more to wash. I was so disappointed today when I went to put the clothes in the dryer and found a load to fold that I didn't realize was there. Folding more clothes wasn't on the docket today.

Emma Jo said...

The meal is just roasted veggies --drizzled in EVOO and Herbs de Provence, a must--over pasta with a little lemon and parm cheese (one of my family's faves!) and when I say I am caught up on laundry I only mean that the clothes aren't overflowing the baskets...when they start to not fit in the baskets, thats when I necessitate a laundry day, or two.

Suebee said...

You know it is always more fun to organize someone else's mess. Please come organize me.

Suzie Petunia said...

Truly, you are an inspiration. I am SO jealous that you have a basement. I'm convinced all of my organization and clutter problems would be solved if only I had a basement.

That isn't true, is it?

Abby said...

I wish two panfulls of veggies would be appreciated by ALL at my house!

Brett and Amy said...

Don't you feel like you need a quick flight to the midwest? A friend asked if she could help me do anything (in prep for our move), I just said I needed you to come make me throw stuff away, organize and label. You ARE the expert mover. So how does tomorrow work for you?

Oscarson Photography said...

Tasty looking veggies!

TD said...

Before and after pictures make you feel great.

Kristin said...

Monday does seem overwhelming. I'm glad you got up and moving, And that dinner looks delicious, you gourmet chef, you!

M-L said...

Very impressive! All of it!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I should show my kids the indiana jones movies...and that roasted asparagus looks heavenly! With nachos would be even better:) And your basement organization looks fabulous! I'd love to see pics of your organized hair things...I am at a loss of what to do with our small pile.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

oh, and i need a picture of the herbs de provence b/c i keep looking for it in the spices and don't know what time of container to look for and get overwhelmed with the options and lack of finding it

Sarah said...

Those veggies look great! Can I come to dinner?

Jenny said...

I love the basement. I'm with Sarah-if i only had a basement. But it would probably end up like the garage. Love you.

Amy Lynn said...

Ah...tell me about that dinner! Is that for real or is it a picture of someone else's dinner that you slid on the blog? If that is your dinner and how your basement looks, then sign me up. I'm moving in.