Friday, October 24, 2008

Oh dear...too much.

I am sitting here in the office (morning is my efficient time, while baby is taking nap #1 and girl #2 is at morning Kindergarten...Mia usually plays near me while I accomplish some "me" things.)
Let me set the scene then: we are in the office, I am on the computer and she is cleaning up her little pet shop toys. I have not told her what I was doing on the computer.

Mia: Mom, when you finish your blog, can we go jump on the trampoline?

"Blog" is a normal everyday word in our vocabulary around here...interchangeable with "journal" (for the sake of making me feel better about it.)
And just so I don't leave you all hanging...I gave her a swift hug and kiss on the cheek, a pat on the bottom and said "no, it's freezing cold outside". (really, we woke up to frost this morning and she is still wearing her fuzzy footsy jammies with cowboy boots.)

Return. Tab.
At a much greater frequency lately I have felt the urge to bake.
What shall I bake today?

again, Return. Tab.
Is it wrong that I want to drive only 2 hours to NYC today so I can give this man a hug and tell him that he is amazing? I have to read his blog even though it makes me cry. His baby is the same age as mine but his life is very different. Bless him, bless him a lot.
http://www.mattlogelin.com/
(Warning: lots of strong language..but you know what? I'll let him have that.)

yeah, I think thats it.

4 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

I've missed so many of your posts! I love reading your blog and I love that you're just up the road from us (ok, 6 hours, but just up 95!)

Kelly Mo said...

No, it isn't wrong to want to go to NYC and hug Matt. LA is a 7 hour drive from Phoenix and I often wonder if the next time we are in the area, I will get the urge to contact him. Andrew might think I am weird.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

thanks for commenting on my blogs when no one else does:) i appreciate it....(mostly that pie one)

I baked the yummiest pupkin bread today with lots of eggs, oil, and vanilla pudding....oh my, so good!

Charlotte said...

You should have given a stronger warning about the emotional level of that blog. Wow. I can't even imagine.

I, too, have had the urge to bake. Also known as the desire to procrastinate Christmas projects and housework. I made 2 loaves of bread Wed (gone) and 2 loaves of banana bread yesterday (almost gone). I think I will stick to pre-eating my trunk-or-treat candy for now.