Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I Want Somebody...

On Sunday we celebrated the last of the birthdays. Clark turned 31, though if you ask me, he doesn't look a day over 28. I had my two dear friends in town last weekend so even though it was his special day he made sure to give us all the time we wanted. Unfortunately, some crazy things were happening on his boat and he had to work part of Saturday and his birthday on Sunday. We did get in a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday and some breakfast in bed before he hurried off to clean up the mess at work. What a joy it is to celebrate him.
Here are 31 reasons why I love my husband:
1. Sometimes I call him "Charmin' Scharman" because he just has that way with people.
2. He is charismatic. People like to be around him.
3. He is outgoing...my opposite so we compliment each other nicely.
4. He can sing. The first time I ever saw him was when I was 13 in church. He was doing a special musical number with his sisters and cousins. I even remember what they sang.
5. Once, he sang "I Want Somebody to Love" at a religious camp talent show...so cheesy and yet I would have swooned.
6. He was recruited by the Naval Academy to play football. I find that...attractive.
7. He wears a uniform to work every day...yowzers.
8. He is awesome at his job because he takes knowing a lot really seriously.
9. He is very smart but doesn't flaunt it.
10. He is a spiritual giant and never stops trying to learn and understand more about the gospel.
11. He has little delicate ankles and muscular calves...very nice.
12. He loves to eat out with me.
13. He loves his family more than anything.
14. He's a Texan and wants to be a cowboy.
15. He has sensitive, smiling eyes that he has passed on to some of our kids.
16. He is a terrific Dad and he adores his daughters.
17. He is slightly pigeon toed so I always know its him from a distance...it makes my heart skip.
18. He is really good at golf and bowling...scary, but admirable.
19. He loves to read.
20. He loves to exercise and be healthy.
21. He loves music.
22. He is compassionate.
23. He is really funny.
24. He is humble.
25. He is thoughtful.
26. He is silly.
27. He wants other people to be happy.
28. He is prepared for anything and capable of doing anything.
29. He is responsible and assertive.
30. He is resourceful and successful.
31. I just love him.
Happy Birthday Love.

27 comments:

enginerd said...

Wow, he sounds awesome. Thank you, Em. I try to be most of these things to keep up with you. You're the neutrons in my reactor.

Nic said...

Happy Birthday Clark. Hope you had a great wonderful day. That comment about your reactor is a little over the top though. Love ya!!

Twinlinebackers said...

Great. Now I'm going to be checkin out your hubby's ankles at church. He sure is a catch - I don't always see why my friends like their husbands but I like yours too. I can't wait another 40 years when we get to hear 71 things about him.
That cake looks DIVINE.

Suzie Petunia said...

So which of your children does NOT have "sensitive, smiling eyes"?

Yah, that Clark sure is a winner. Happy Birthday, Clark!! Can Taylor borrow your uniform? :)

JJ said...

Happy Birthday Clarkey! To think I've known you that long...how old does that make me? Let's not go there. Have a good one!

Oscarson Photography said...

You're the only bro in law in knew before the engagment, and I couldn't have been happier. Happy Birthday braddah!


"You're the neutrons in my reactor"... ok, thats some some stuff.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

too bad he only gave the eyes to "some" and you didn't know him when you were 13, did you? you must have been 15 when you moved to TX....I don't know, you should know better than me....it was fun to sing to him on his bday, he was a great sport! i like how you swoon and say yowzers over him....shouldn't we all do that for our hubby's?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that cake looks delicious...i wish i could have eaten some...send me the recipe

Berly said...

I love the "yowzers" remarks. What an awesome way to describe your husband. Also, when you mde the 13 years old comment - it made me reminisce alittle. The picture of him as alittle boy looks so scharman. Happy Birthday Clark.

Rynell said...

Now that's sweet.

I first saw my husband in church too. (When I was 9 or 10 years old and in TEXAS too.)

Kirkhams said...

Happy Birthday Clark!! What a guy!

Who took your pictures way below? Haley looks so mature and they all look gorgeous!

TD said...

Happy birthday Clark. Hope you had a great day!

laurie said...

Happy Birthday Clark!
Wow you don't look a day over 30:)

meg said...

I think Clark is awesome too - for the same reasons, but most definately in the same way!! OOOOO - yuck! Love ya' little bro.

Rainie said...

Happy Birthday Clark!! What a sweet post, but really the "neutrons in my reactor" part was what really topped it off for me.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Clark! What can a MOM say? I think you are wonderful, too for all of the above reasons and I know that you can actually explain the necessity of neutrons in a reactor. Love you.

Steven Rosbach said...

I remember 31. Ahhhhbe young again....

Happy Birthday Clark! if you remember me that is. if not happy birthday anyway, what can it hurt?

mo said...

Happy Birthday Clark! Thanks for making sure my daughter is happy and well-cared for! You're the best!!!

Abby said...

I love Clark too, but just in an appropriate sister in-law way. I'm glad he makes you so happy. And could he have come with a better family for in-laws?

vk said...

I can remember when Clark looked just like that first picture. He's always been a looker and one of my favorite nephews and people.

Love you Clarkie Poo,

Aunt Verlinda

Sadie Lou said...

HAPPY BIRTHAY BRO! you guys make the cutest couple ever! and that kinda freaks me out when you fist saw him when he was 13...bc that is like me right now!

Carrie Ann said...

I love Clark, too and am glad he is my brother-in-law. I remember meeting Clark for the first time, too. He is all those things you say and more. He is memorable and noteworthy (worthy of taking notice of such a memorable "young" man..). Hooray that Clark was born and that he is "ours"!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i'm just jealous of your comment total and thought I'd post for the 3rd time.

Mandee said...

Happy Birthday Clark!!! We love and miss you!

laurie said...

Laurie wants to comment on your neutron comment, but I have to comment on your breakfast in bed picture....a yogurt and a liter of nesquick!? Are you on a diet or are you binging? Breakfast of champions!

PS. I think you have hot ankles too.

Happy 31st Grandpa.

- Mike

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, happy, happy birthday wonderful Clark! People can say what they want, but I was the one who put you on a different airplane in the name of love...I thought Clark was perfectly perfect for you from the beginning. Happy birthday wonderful brother-in-law!!!

shari berry bo-berry said...

Happy Birthday Clark!

Emily, I could read anything you write! I love your style and wish I had known you better when we were in h.s.

I loved reading your list about Clark...he is so lucky to have you...and you him!