Thursday, July 24, 2008

Return. Tab.

Here's the scoop...I'm pretending that they are all separate posts but really they are not. Do you feel deceived?

Never Eat Soggy Waffles (aka North East South West)
My house faces the wrong way. I don't even know which direction it faces. It just feels wrong.

We did the beach.
It's really been a beachy kind of summer. We were going once or twice a
week there for a while. And then we discovered a gem of a beach that it right in our friend's backyard...now we can't seem to go anywhere else. They have sandbars that come completely out of the water making it an especially fun time for the littles. We tried to have some fun with the dead marine life but really I just need a better camera.





Romancing the Stone...a young stone's journey Part II

Remember all those posts ago when I introduced our baby boy (cleverly disguised as a kidney stone?). I never passed it...it was quite stuck. So finally today they went in and blasted it...kind of like in the movie Armageddon when they blew the huge asteroid to pieces before it hurtled into the Earth's atmosphere. I actually looked forward to today, as it were, because I got another "mandatory nap" (I've been heavily sedated now twice in the last month....zzzzzz.) I got to read my book while waiting at the hospital and then I got to sleep and not remember anything that they did. That's the way I like it. I was also informed after the procedure, that little "Rocky" was not just a mere 7mm but a whoppin 9mm (so don't judge me but I took my little ruler out into the yard to find a stone similar in size...since I'll never get to meet the little booger in his original state--I repeat: this is not the actual stone...its just one the same size.) No wonder he was stuck. He made a mess of things but at least now I can be on the mend...I'll just avoid going to the bathroom for the next few days...its not a pleasant experience. Now where did I put that Vicodin?

Quite worn out...but in a good way.
Sadie might not agree, but we're glad she is still here. We get her for a whole entire week more! And while we promise not to make her babysit anymore so I can have "mandatory naps" it was quite lucky that she was around.
We continue to wear ourselves out...or rather the little people...Sadie still looks fresh and dashing, don't you think? On Monday we hit Six Flags New England (without a camera...hence the crummy cell phone pictures.) Sadie braved a plethora of roller coaster rides and tried to drag the old fuddy duddies on as many with her as she could. I enjoy a good rush...helps relieve tension. I feel all loosey goosey after a roller coaster ride. Then I laughed as I watched my little girls drive off together in this one. And I thought, this is us in a few years. Haley (responsibly and very seriously) driving off to a church dance...our 17, 16 and 14 year old daughters...except for the model T car...hopefully they will be driving something a little more "modern". And I couldn't resist taking a picture of this sign outside the biggest/fastest roller coaster ride...what are they implying...is my nose too big? What was even funnier than this sign was all the sulking, rejected kids left behind by their taller companions as they ran off to ride.




Then yesterday we went to Newport, RI for a tour through the Marble House mansion and to hang out a bit with Noly Boly and his cute girl, Caroline. It was a fun time...especially when Mia had a "potty emergency" in the car and got stuck in the barf-bucket-converted-quickly-to-a-potty-bucket while still driving down the road. Man there are some rich people in the world.

Tonight its a party.
And right now I am sitting in a quiet house with girls all snuggled in their beds. I would be eating something yummy but we are actually out of ice cream (how in the world did that happen?) and I can't seem to swallow anything else...for some reason today's little procedure robbed me of any kind of saliva. Everything I eat is going down like dry sand. But I can actually finish putting my blog layout together while Sadie and Clark fill their heads with horribly disturbing images at the Batman movie...from what I have heard of the movie, we may have a 13 year old in our bed with us tonight. We tried to get her mother to disapprove but she pulled the old "its your decision" parenting bit. Darnit, I hate when they do that. We'll just call it a brother/sister bonding moment. (Sadie and I agreed that we hate when our parents gave us that line...just tell me what to do, it's so much easier!!! I mean that in a very respectful-and-I-agree-with-how-you-handled-that sort of way to my dear Mother in law. :)

16 comments:

Rynell said...

You managed to have fun, even in the middle of dealing with your stone ordeal. Wow.

Yea for beaches, roller coasters Newport, renewed health and sweet nieces!

Kelly Mo said...

Yay! Updated layout! I was missing the old one. :) I am glad you didn't have to pass that mother of a kidney stone! Ouchy! Sounds like things are on the mend. Enjoy your quiet night. :)

Charlotte said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your company. I once spent a year thinking my house sat squarely facing south only to learn (via google earth) it was completely southwest. Hope the movie went well. I really liked it, but thought the violence was just disturbing. As far as your little stone issue, I guess "this too shall pass" doesn't always apply.

Valerie said...

Man. One adventure after another!!! Never a dull moment at your house. Just wondering where you get all your energy from. . .

Twinlinebackers said...

What I can't figure out is how you have the energy to post it all. I am getting further behind every day and all I've done (besides play at the beach) is sit at home sulking that my friend has her cute niece visiting and won't come play with me.
I'm glad your stone is gone. He was rather cute though.

Berly said...

I can't believe the size of that thing. OUCH!! I hope you are feeling better and can't believe you had the energy to deal with all of it. Also, I liked the Batman movie because if you remember, I always had a crush on Christian Bale. Blame it on "Newsies" and "Little Women." But, that night I had constant visions of The Joker in my head. Very disturbing!!

mo said...

You blasted my grandstone??!!! Just kidding, I really cannot believe it was soooo big. I'm glad Sadie is there to help right now because I don't seem to be in the country at the moment, let alone Connecticut. You seem to be having so much fun despite everything. Are you going for martyr of the year or something? You've got my vote!

Jenny said...

Well let's hope that there are not lasting effects from Clark and Sadie's bonding moment. I'm glad she is there and can help with the girls. Hey, were the girls running through the mansion singing 'Annie' songs?

Amy Lynn said...

I can't believe the size of that kidney stone. OUCH! I have to admit I actually don't mind medical procedures that don't hurt too much afterward and require me to go right home to bed!

I love your summer. I am also insanely jealous because you are having LOTS more fun than we are. Although the boys are having the mother of all wars in the play room with a random neighborhood child that showed up. Thank heavens for random children!

Abby said...

Jealous of MOSTLY everything...that rock is huge, as is now your ureter, I imagine!

Abby said...

p.s, the pic of "nut" on your sidebar is GORGEOUS.

Mandee said...

It is all fun and games at your house. I want to come for a visit!

Suzie Petunia said...

AAAAHHHHHHH! OUCH! That stone is H-U-G-E! And yet you still manage to be the funniest person I know. :) I'm glad you're having so much fun! I wish I could have fun with you.

Baby feet in Clark's mouth: funny!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Love the sign. Love the stone. But I always learned it was Never Eat Shredded Wheat.

The Titmi said...

Shoot! I forgot they had a baby all those years ago and that her name was Sadie and that she has grown up to be a beautiful girl! Does Nolan have a blog too??

scraphappymama said...

glad you enjoyed Sadie, but we are glad to have her back here. She's a great babysitter!!! Sorry about "Rocky," and hope you are feeling better now. And as a side note, I really liked the Batman movie, minus a few graphic images. But honestly, who can resist a little Christian Bale?!?!?!