Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hooray! a visitor!


We are being sufficiently entertained for the next two weeks by our dear Sadie. We love that Clark has a young sister that is so much fun to be around...and we are especially excited that she braved a solitary plane ride (plus one plane change) all by herself to come visit us all the way in Connecticut!! We are so glad...and we are keeping her busy. I've decided to post now so that in two weeks I don't post something that rivals my longest entry.
We picked her up on Wednesday in Boston and spent the day at the aquarium and Faneuil Hall. Then we picked up early the next morning and drove out to Palmyra, New York to see some church sites and catch the Hill Cumorah Pageant. (It looks like Abby needs to work on picking on someone her own size.)
The next day we drove a little bit further and visited Niagara Falls (which I can't seem to say without saying "Niagara Falls Franky Angel"...do you know what movie that is from?) It was a fun and very moist time. I found it ironic that while I was on the Maid of the Mist boat being sprayed in every direction with water that I was intentionally trying to keep my baby covered in all the appropriate places by plastic...doesn't that seem rather dangerous? But then I remembered that I had her out on a boat at the base of a very large waterfall and thought it probably wasn't the worst thing I've ever done with a newborn. In any case, aren't we a vision in blue plastic?
So Sadie has had to endure a lot of driving already and there will surely be more to come but we are looking forward to it!! And don't worry family, she is being well cared for and being fed lots of ice cream.
Stay tuned for more fun.
On a side note, I am getting sad that this onesie is getting too small. It just makes me giggle to see her in it.
One of Clark's and my favorite things to do after kids are in bed (besides watch TV, eat ice cream and popcorn and be adults) is playing games. We actually have a third game player to make things more interesting. Last night we played Life. I was having way too many moments of serious reflection during the game. Just for fun at the end of the game I filled my car with my real family pegs. I almost went out on a crazy limb and didn't buy house or car insurance in the game but then decided it was for the best. I need to live a little.

13 comments:

Suebee said...

Have lots of fun. New England summers are great.

JJ said...

How fun to have Sadie around! You guys are all so much fun that I'm sure it's a party when any of you get together.

Abby said...

Jealous--I'm glad you did Niagra, for Sadie's sake if no other reason. That is an experience. Did you eat BBQ? Is Abby teeny or is that man a giant? How did you not have serious anxiety at the edge of the falls with all those kids and wind that could knock someone over (it seems like I remember wind). Anywho, I wish I were there!

Abby said...

p.s. Hazel, you are cute as a button, actually cuter!

Suzie Petunia said...

WoW! You have a full car in the game of Life! I guess I do, too. As kids, did we every really think that would ever happen?? What a reality check.

You are seeing so many fun things! How fun to have Sadie with you. Tell her Hi from me!

meg said...

I would have gladly volunteered to be Sadie's flying companion! The only thing is - I come with baggage! (and do I mean baggage!) And since the airlines are limiting the number of pieces that you can bring with you - Sadie gets all the fun... My turn next? And how did she like her barrel ride over Niagra?
We miss Sadie!! Come Home!! We'll be nicer to you, I promise! I'll never take you for granted again!

Anonymous said...

So I've decided that you are absolutely hilarious..not to mention SO creative! Ethan and I are sitting here laughing at your blog. You're adorable!

Mandee said...

Will you take me to all those fun sites if I come for a visit? Sadie is one lucky girl!

Jenny said...

I am glad that you are having so much fun! You have now risen to the top as Sadie's favorites. Due to Dad's and mine extent of living life-we no longer like to play-'Life' and it is Sadie's favorite. Enjoy!

Oscarson Photography said...

Cute pictures are forth coming of the trip. Its a shame y'all didn't come to the Canada side. The view was much better and the fireworks weren't bad!

Maren said...

My brother, his wife and their one year old were in the Hill Cumorah Pageant this year. How fun that you were able to go (wish we had been!).

Maren (Kristen's friend)
marensgarden.com

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

good for you for venturing out! i love palmyra, but we never made it for the pageant. good for sadie for braving it all! my poor husband has to live with a wife that isn't much of a gamer. i love the car with 5 pink and one blue:)

Amy Lynn said...

Oh...is this the normal itinerary for a trip to CT? Sign me up! But I also come with baggage...3 pieces to be exact...and unfortunately the airlines don't let up on the price for high "cute" factor. Dang it. I would love, love, love to come visit. Have fun with Sadie...I still can't believe she is a big person. When I got home from my mission and met Jenny for the first time, she was pregnant with Sadie. And I SWEAR I'm not old...right?