Sunday, June 29, 2008

Oh my gosh...I think I have to hate Connecticut.

WHY?! Oh the humanity. Tonight we had friends over for dinner. It's been less than 2 weeks since we fired up the 'ole BBQ and what does Clark find upon opening the lid? Why a full on nest of hideously adorable baby mice. 'gag' 'cough' 'choke'
Anyone in the market for a grill? Because I'm pretty sure I am never ever using it again. I mean, you just can't disinfect after something like that. Remember? I just had a baby...I know what goes into birthing offspring...I don't care if it's mouse size, there was mouse goo involved.
(and its a good thing we had people over that we knew. Heaven forbid it had been someone new that we were trying to impress or actually like us and have them think that we were decent people who value cleanliness...)
So again I ask, Why? I don't like mice, ever, at any size, age or location...and certainly not anywhere near my food preparation areas.
And just in case you were wondering we had last minute baked chicken.

21 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

Ahhhhh! Run far, far away. To D.C.!

Suebee said...

I feel your pain. Come to Virginia.

Oscarson Photography said...

wow, dude... wow.

We don't have mice here... come quick.

Oscarson Photography said...

wait, what did you do with them? or do you want to appear humane as well as well behaved?

Mandee said...

I don't think I have ever even seen a mouse other than in a pet store, so that photo kind of freaked me out! I too am curious...what did you do with them?

M-L said...

I have to admit that I am impressed with their nest... How did they get there? I need to go and check on our BBQ as soon as I get back home. Who knows what I will find there after being gone for 2 months...

Roemmele Family said...

I am glad it is just the mice and not the people that would chase you out of CT, because we like having you here. :o)

Jessica said...

Wow. Don't know what else to say. Good luck with that!

Natalie said...

About a year ago, after only living in our house here in Dallas for a few months, we discovered that we had...RATS in our attic. Yes, I said RATS, and when the pest control guy came he called them SEWER RATS!

I couldn't sleep for weeks, it was completely disgusting. I kept walking around thinking one was going to just fall out of the air vents right on my head.

When Matt had to work late I would keep literally EVERY SINGLE light on in the whole house! It was completely disgusting and disturbing.

I promise we're clean, they moved in before we did!

Sadie Lou said...

oh my goodness that is sooooo gross! do i have to come visit now?...just kidding, i am really excited to come! and why didn't you keep them for pets!...ok then i really wouldn't have come! hehe :)

Sarah said...

Well as the "guest" I was grossed out too. I'm not a fan of mice but the baked chicken was delicious.
Oh and if you want our grill just let me know. HaHa.

Lisa Allen said...

I would have to say, yuk!! I would never be caught dead useing it again myself ever.

mo said...

Oh come on, if rats can run a restaurant in France, what's the big deal with a couple of cute baby mice in your grill? I'm sure they washed their hands after birth. What DID you do with them? Do we want to know?

Sarah said...

I think I would die.

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Bless your clean, clean heart.

Waverly said...

I have had pet rats as classroom pets. Their names were Fiona and R2D2. (They were both female.) And I have discovered that rodents are very pleasant. So please don't kick them out. Calmly release them into the wild. Or ship them off to me.

Twinlinebackers said...

Oh puleeze. Of all the reasons to detest Connecticut you are going to let a couple baby mice scare you? Come on Em. There's the traffic,the weather, the really rude people, the DMV, the Sasquatch filled woods, the aloof people who don't mean to be rude, the roads that never go the right dirction, the high taxes, the "nice" people who can't help but sound rude after being in CT for so long. Seriously? It's the mice you hate?

Charlotte said...

Maybe you'll get a nice new grill from the whole experience. Every time you use it you'll remember that horrible, disgusting moment . . .

Amy Lynn said...

I thought it was funny! But when I thought we had a mouse in the garage last summer I called Chris at work sobbing hysterically and threatening to move out and sell the house. So I can really, really feel your pain. I would have been at the Best Western so fast!

But really...what did you do with them?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

do you remember when I had to sleep at your house in provo b/c of the mice in my almost married home I was staying at alone? makes ones skin crawl (by the way, linda lurked on this post and told me about it while on my vacay and i just got your package and am so excited to open it tomorrow)

Suzie Petunia said...

Does anyone else smell grilled mouse?