.jpg)
**Disclaimer: I love all of my children equally...most days.
I don't normally like to binge on posts but I thought I would get this little one in before the blogging drought that will be upon me in weeks to come. This is a blogger tribute to little Miss Mia, third born, third daughter, child wonder. All strange transitional coping mechanisms of the past 6 months aside, this is one sweet girl. She is funny and silly. She is a good sleeper (again, the last 5 or 6 months don't count, even though that makes up a fifth of her life...) She is easy going and smart. She started talking way earlier than my first two and it's fun that we can actually carry on a coherent conversation with her at 2 and 1/2. I firmly believe that she would be solidly potty trained if I weren't avoiding the commitment of it at this particular point in time. She goes at least once or twice a day in the potty sometimes (I wish her mother weren't so lazy...oh wait, thats me.)
She often likes to announce at random times I'm happy! and flashes a great big "moose grin". She calls it a moose smile because I somehow convinced her that the "scary moose" in our room (its a tiny little figurine on
a shelf) had a smile like that. She does it all the time and I haven't been able to capture it on film until this weekend. It makes us laugh every time. (That's her "moose smile" on the right there.)
My favorite Mia word is "prouded". It is her combination of excited and proud. Example, "I so prouded you...you prouded me?" all said with great enthusiasm and raised eyebrows. She will also randomly say things like "oh Abby, that was so nice you" and never misses an opportunity to say "thanks Mom" for pouring her juice or putting her shoes on. Last night my Mom told Mia that she needed to go put me to bed. She said "OK" (again, enthusiastically) and walked over to me but then turned to Mo and said with a seriously confused expression on her face, "Can't pick her up."
She asks 18.4 times a day to watch either Finding Nemo (where she will remind us with her silly giggle that "Nemo go down toe-let to find Daddy") or Fantasia 2000.
She loves to dance and play and read. She sleeps with so many stuffed animals sometimes I take them out after she falls asleep for fear that she is going to suffocate in the night. She loves her polka dot shoes. She notices your jewelry.
We so love having her in our family. She reminds us on a regular basis to be happy and easy going. Her sisters love her and include her in their play because they recognize what a joy she is to be around. Oh yeah, and she gives really good, tight hugs around your neck. And I gotta love her, she's the only "momma's girl" of the bunch.
17 comments:
Life doesn't get better or sweeter than this! How blessed you are. Good luck in the coming weeks, I will say my prayers for another beautiful little Scharman girl. You do such a good job at making them and I can't wait to see Clark when they are teenagers:)
Love,
Verlinda
Can I comment once for both blogs--you spoil us before the expected drought. Can you at least make Mo promise to post immediately the details of the birth, complete with pictures of the glowing and slightly ragged Mommy? I'm getting so excited, and so jealous of being far away...
Mia, I've always felt she is partly mine, and not just bc she's had my breastmilk (I had to!) I was there from the minute she came into the world, and I have missed so much these past 8 months! Don't let her forget how special she is to me! I hope she will always be Cubby's 'besty'. She is quite funny and smart and adorable. Love the moose smile. She will be such a fun older sister!
You capture the most amazing pictures of your kids. I don't know how you do it. I try and it's just "luck" if I capture something I'm aiming for.
Good luck in the next several weeks. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you.
I can't stand to think of life without my "meems". She just goes straight to the heart when she looks up at me and says "that's so funny" and gives me a moose smile. She is the only one I would sit and watch "Memo" with for the 128th time in a row!
I love that moose smile! vert adorable. So close.....Can't wait to meet the new one.
What a great picture of your girls!
Aren't happy kids the best!?! I love the cute picture of all three girls in their Easter best. Next year we'll get to see four!! Is Clark ready to pay for four weddings???
How about naming the new baby Elin! It is Swedish and it was Grandma Pete's daughter......Just another thought. I got a million of them
Love,
Aunt Verlinda
Adorable pictures again! I can't wait to see the next bundle of cute. And I agree with Abby I hope someone will post something after Sunday!
I am so excited for your family. What a fun and stressful time. Little Mia is sure cute and reminds me of my little Kaylee. I could hold full on conversations with her at 2 1/2 years old and she would say the funniest things-like, "When I grow up, I am going to be a boy." She was also easily potty trained (one day!!), but she was the first so I had alooooot of time. Anyways, can't wait to hear about the new little girl and I am anxious to see what her name will be.
Okay, so I was going to make sure our kids had a chance to play together again before your big day! And it's practially here!!! (I'm so excited for you!) Good luck with baby, tots, moving, and more!!!!!!
your girlies look so cute in their pretty dresses. and i wished you guys still lived here so we could get our little families to play together. also, good luck with baby #4. i hope everything goes great and i'm sure she'll be beautiful!
I really dig the moose smile. :)
I had no idea she was THAT delightful! I guess it has been a while since we've been with her. How sad is that? She's my niece and everything. Give her a big hug from me.
i love their easter dresse and that pict of clark with mia is reall cute. good luck my friend, i'm excited for you!
So cute. So very, very cute. I love the dresses the hair and especially the smiles. I really miss those little girls. Happy Birhting!, Em.
oh how i miss that girly sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!! i want to hear her sweet little voice and actually have her talk to me! and those dresses are soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! no seriously, soooo cute!!! and they are sooo cute! i know this probably won't be the easiest thing for you right now( b/c you have a slightly bigger interupption right around the middle area) but can you please give all of them a huge squeeze for me!!! :)
p.s. i hope everything goes well with the birthin!! :)
Post a Comment