Monday, March 31, 2008

Failure to launch?

Have you ever heard of a failed induction? I hadn't. If I had my druthers I would write something totally witty and upbeat but the fact of the matter is I am rather irritated. I checked into the hospital and spent all Saturday night on pitocin to have them tell me in the morning that it wasn't doing anything (besides making me horribly uncomfortable all night.) So the lucky thing is, I get to anticipate labor a second time, whenever that may be.
So much for the plan. I liked the plan. The plan was good. This baby shows no regard for planning. That could be a problem.
So I took the walk of shame on Sunday morning; put my stupid maternity pants back on, picked up my pillow and walked back to the car passed all the labor and delivery rooms where other women were doin their thing.
So I guess we'll just wait and see now.

22 comments:

JJ said...

I'm so sorry that that happened. It's very admirable that you can write about it, though. I hope that everything starts progressing soon. We're all waiting to see the newest little princess in your home.

Sarah said...

Abby told us about the whole thing last night at dinner...All of us here in Vegas are so bugged for you. When does YOUR doctor come back??

Mark and Aupreille said...

My mom was induced twice and no baby either time. It was finally the day my grandma left that my sister decided to make her grand entrance, almost 1 month after my mom's first due date, although she thought the first date was wrong to begin with, she didn't think it was that wrong.

So hopefully that does not happen to you and that your 4th little girl will come shortly.

TD said...

I am so sorry. I was induced twice and I know the feeling. I hope your girl decides to arrive soon. I think you have a pretty independent, determined child that will be coming into your family. She will come when she wants to. Good luck!

Jenny said...

Truthfully, I can't imagine anything more drpressing so I looked and looked for the silver lining-Clark is there and its looking good that he can stay for the actual launch. We love you, Em. You know our hearts are with you. (I guess its time to pull out the caster oil!)

meg said...

Emily, really. You have a birthday pattern in your family and your darling daughter loves order SO much that she doesn't want to mess it up. She wants to be born on the 1st of course. And it just so happens to be april fool's day...

Lucky Mommy said...

That is unbelievable. I bet your girls were confused! By the way, that Mia post is so adorable. I want to be her friend! Good luck when the day finally arrives!

mo said...

I'm trying to relieve her depression with 7-layer dip, Keva Juice, and cinnamon bread from Great Harvest. So far we have all gained 3 more pounds. Now that's depressing!

Valerie said...

Emily - I'm speechless! Since you're depressed, I'll be angry for you. How dare they send you home??!! How dare your baby (sweet and cute as I'm sure she it) refuse to come when you're READY??!! I know how disappointed I would be. And how furious!! Sydney did that to us. She came two weeks late instead of two weeks early, and they couldn't induce me either. And Cannon was going back out to sea, and she came on CHRISTMAS and messed up all the present opening. . . I still haven't forgiven her.

I'm so sorry, Em. Really. Are you going to try again this week? And will somebody post the cute pictures when the plan actually works??

Sunnie said...

that is the worst news! i would hate that! how could they not make it happen? isn't that what they go to years of school for and what we pay them lots of money for? hopefully she comes soon and that clark gets to be there.

scraphappymama said...

i'm so sorry. that truly would be the worst. glad clark and your mom are there, and hope that cute girl makes her debut soon.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

grrrrr....all that yummy food your mo mentioned, I think it might cheer me up just a smidgen. Will Clark be able to stay longer?

Jessica said...

What?What?What? I have never heard of that either. So sorry. I hope things move along soon for you. Let us know how things come along!

Suebee said...

Aquamarine or Diamond? You would look good in either. I am so sorry for your frustration.

Kara said...

NO WAY! ha ha, sorry, that's not funny. Although maybe it will be a good story years from now...I mean, MANY years from now!

Rynell said...

Oh my! I have been thinking of you!

They need to break your water. That is the point of no return. And it managed to hurry my labor along to the tune of complete dilation in under 45 minutes.

May you be birthin soon!

THE MCVEY FAMILY said...

Oh no! I have been thinking about you and anxiously waiting for the news. Hang in there-

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, the "walk of shame" you described sounds so pathetic. Did they play the sad, pathetic theme from Charlie Brown while you walked out of the hospital? That would have been a good soundtrack.

This baby will come out. Soon. You have my word on that.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Just here for the baby news....

Unknown said...

oh, man! that's the WORST! That's like when Jake was ON THE AIRPLANE home from his mission and the pilot got on the loud speaker and said the flight was cancelled due to weather. He had to go BACK to the mission home and into the transfer meeting after he had already said goodbye to all the missionaries. He left the next morning.

Did that story make it better or worse for you?

I'm sorry that your baby didn't want to come out.
poor baby, bless your heart. *pat, pat, pat*

did that help at all?

love you!

Lea said...

I am so sorry, I am sure you are just so sick of it by now, I mean being pregnant, not the baby. I hope things speed up for ya, I just can't imagine...Hang in there, resist the tears, and good luck, I will pray for you.

Lea

Kirkhams said...

I keep checking to see if there's a baby yet...Get that little gal here! Off with those maternity pants!