Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Binkies suck.


Today was momentous for little Miss Mia. She grew up and threw away...I mean, gave away her binkies. She lovingly put them in tissue and wrapped them up. Then we put them in the mailbox and sent them off to Baby Shamu. She was very excited...I'll let you know how bedtime goes tonight.
Thanks for the idea Big Abby. She was much happier than when we made poor 3 year old Haley cut hers up and throw them away. In all of those pictures, she is pouting and then full on crying. I hope Baby Shamu doesn't choke.

20 comments:

meg said...

Sweet Mia! We miss her! She growing up too fast - give her back the binkies! j/j Hey, what's with the wall of snow? I truly cannot comprehend.

mo said...

Oh the tangled webs of deceit we weave for children. First it was the Santa myth, then the tooth fairy, now binkies to Baby Shamu. Have you no shame? Couldn't you at least wait until I left town?

Sunnie said...

good luck tonight. we are still yet to have one so attached that it's hard to get rid of them. and i can't believe that snow by the mailbox! that is crazy!

Mandee said...

Can your girls get any cuter? Good luck tonight.

Sarah said...

Let me know how it goes...we still haven't fought this battle. I LOVE the picture of Mia putting her package in the mail box!

Brett and Amy said...

Your pics are adorable! I especially love the mailbox one, it looks like it should be in a magazine. I guess when you told me how much snow you had I wasn't really grasping the piled high concept. Now that you have publicly announced your little gift for Shamu, there will be no escaping the pointing fingers when poor Shamu floats lifelessly in a pool of what might have been.

Jenny said...

Oh Em, I miss your family. I don't think that Mia could get any cuter. WOW, she has grown up! a warning though-you are leaving yourself wide open in a few years for; "Mom, whales don't use pacifiers!"

the wrath of khandrea said...

as in shamu, the whale? wouldn't that be a choking hazard for him? i'm a little confused.
love the ladder to the mailbox. we have the same problem thanks to the snowplows. more deceit and trickery: "who wants to go snow mountain climbing today and discover the mail for our family?!"
congrats on the paci-purge. may the schwartz be with you.

JJ said...

First of all, what an amazing idea! How creative! Secondly, it looks like you have as much snow as we have. I love the wall of snow and the stepstool!

Abby said...

The real credit goes to Nici (and Princess Arora, of course). Those are the cutest pictures ever. I can't waiththat to see her. I am nervous that at any moment I could get a phone call and have to make up a baby Shamu voice!
I love that her package just says "love Mia."

Kara said...

Ah yes, Ellie through all her binkis into the ocean for the baby dolphins. Your way seems much more environmentally friendly!!

Becky said...

Megan, you KNOW about that wall of snow! I have told you all about it, already! :)

Very good idea for the pacifiers! I too, make my kids cut theirs up and throw them away. They are so happy to use scissors, but then when they remember what they did...night time- not so good.

Sadie Lou said...

aww!! stop she is tooo cute and getting sooo old! she is adorable! and i am sure that shamu will love his binkies! :)

Carrie Ann said...

What's the matter with binkis? I had one around my neck until I was four and I turned alright!

(Just call me in advance if I need to talk to Mia in my "baby shamu" voice.)

Rynell said...

Wow you have way more snow that we do an hour south of you.

We cut up the binkis with my oldest. She cried, then wiped her tears, said they were broken and threw them in the garbage on her own. I don't remember what I did with the two subsequent kids. It's all kind of a blur. But they don't have the binkis anymore, so at some point we got rid of them... I guess...

Amy Lynn said...

I love Mia's dress, the cute wrapping paper, the darling girls with their new haircuts, the picture of Mia in the snow, and the idea that a baby whale is going to suck a binky. I really couldn't be more charmed.

TD said...

You are so creative! I do love all the snow. The stepping stool is a great touch, or I guess necessary equipment to get to the mailbox.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

hey, why didn't my comment show up??? we need to do this....

Suzie Petunia said...

Yes, it would be much more evironmentally safer to mail the binkis to baby Alice! She can still get away with the binks. Thank goodness. What would I do without them??

Those pictures are so cute. I love the one of MiMi's big sisters in the background giving their support.

And I hope Shamu appreciates the darling wrapping paper you used. :)

Kristin said...

Baby Shamu! That is too funny. I hope bedtime went well. Your kids look so old!