The weeks have become less exciting around here. We wake up, get dressed, watch cartoons, play outside, come inside, twiddle our thumbs, eat lunch, and so on and so forth until Dad gets home. We have managed to make it to the store or to a slightly more fun location once or twice. So here is a boring and uneventful recap of the last week or so.
*We continue on the hunt for the perfect beach. The girls and I visited New London's Town Beach and found it to our liking minus the $10 parking fee. It was not crowded, the sand was soft and plentiful. I sat on the towel for two hours and watched my three children play beautifully without having to chase any of them out of dangerous water, etc. I did have to shout to Mia a couple of times when she chased the seagulls too far away.
*Yesterday I was reaching for the Caramel/Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich in the freezer but stuck my hand in the Veggie Boca Burger box instead (don't look at me, I didn't buy them)
*Today we went to Harvey's Beach in Old Saybrook when Clark got home. Man, I wished I had had my camera. The photo ops were oozing from every minute. Small beach but shallow water out to several sand bars with warm water, perfect for little people to wade in...we discovered the lost land of hermit crabville...we loaded them in buckets and watched them fight until I couldn't stand it anymore. I tried to convince the girls that next time we come we could bring Susan (our pet hermit crab) and let her go free...she wouldn't last a second, those wild crabs are crazy! An abundance of marine life but not too much that its gross. We played long and hard, we'll go back (maybe with water socks...geeky but necessary for the muddy sand you walk through to get to the cool places.)
*Mia swallowed a hunk of salt water all at once then proceeded to spit it out them throw up a bit...gross...in the ocean...we moved away and watched the tiny fish feast...even grosser. I tried not to think about it.
*When we got home the girls were finishing an informal dinner at the table when Abby decided that the chaff-age of her swim suit was too much. So she took it off and finished her meal naked. Then, forgetting that she was naked (or just not caring) she jumped up and joined Clark and Haley in his work out routine. I took a picture but Clark objected to it being posted (unless you were one of the lucky ones on my e mail list, you won't be seeing this naked aerobic princess tonight...)
*Mia has taken to running everywhere these days. It's more like a trot, actually, and she moves her arms faster than her legs. It's funny.
*When Clark and I check on the girls before bed it's like walking in on a massacre. 5 out of 7 nights Abby and Mia fall out of bed without waking up so there are little bodies strewn about the floor. It's kind of funny and creepy at the same time.
*All the girls are in the same room. It has been...interesting.
*Our little four year old neighbor girl was bitten by a black widow spider this week in their house and taken to the hospital. I now glance about the rooms in a constant state of paranoia and will psychotically check their limbs for spider bites in the days to come. We're having our unit sprayed next week...as if that could kill a man eating arachnid.
*I'm feeling distracted now because The Office is on and Clark just got home with Outback Alice Springs Chicken. Gotta go, no explanation needed.
9 comments:
oh my goodness, i've never been the first to leave a comment on emily's blog--she has too many fans! I better hurry before someone posts before me....i need an explanation for Outback Alice Springs Chicken...how fun to visit a different beach every day, sure beats thumb twiddling.
I'm laughing about the naked areobics princess... sounds all to familiar. What is it about little girls, why aren't they afraid to be naked?
Outback has a dish called Alice Springs Chicken and it is delicious...Clark and I like to make our own "cop-out" version on the grill at home with even more fixins. mmmm.
I laughed out loud about the vomit fish feast.... I would have had the same reactions.
Should you be admitting to the world via the interwebs that you have crabs?!!!??
i love alice springs chicken from outback. my absolute favorite from there (besides the yummy brown bread). and i hate black widows- i killed what i'm pretty sure was one in our yard about a year and a half ago and was freaked out. i am once again jealous of the beach adventures. what i wouldn't give for a fun day at the beach right now!
I did it. I got my password. It was the least I could do considering Clark fixed the computer. No blog tonight though. Thanks Emily and Clark for the visit.
Suebee, you've made it back to my favorites list...I can't wait!
I loved this post--it's a perfect account of your life right now. Sure beats keeping a "real" journal!
Post a Comment