Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Yes, Dear...



I made Clark sit and watch Stepford Wives last night, the newer one with Matthew Broderick and Nicole Kidman. I don't know if I was just giddy or what but I laughed, many times. However, the funniest irony came in the end when our deranged friend Glen Close was revealing her evil plot. She said, and I quote:
"
And then I asked myself, where would people never notice a town full of robots? Connecticut."
It was a lovely movie...actually its really dumb but entertaining and I have to say a better ending than the original...what can I say, I need resolution...and who knew Connecticut could be the butt of such a silly joke?
Oh wait, perhaps its because our state song is "Yankee Doodle", yeah, the one about the feather and the noodle. Could anyone really take us seriously knowing that? I suppose the fact that it is beautiful and historical makes up for some of that.

The girls and I went out in the rain today to visit the Niantic Children's Museum. I think the most exciting thing on display was the breeding ground of germs. I figure it probably started out really cute and then 5 million dirty little kids came and played. I stretched out the entertainment for almost 1 1/2 hours and then we split to Target...a rival playground. I think the girls had fun but we ran out of things to do very quickly and the whole house that it was in kind of smelled like old urine. So our report for the day was soggy, Niantic has a cute downtown, reputable used book store, nice boardwalk but a lame children's museum. We'll be back for their beach on a sunny day.
To make up for our sour outing, Clark was home fairly early, I laid on the couch for 30 minutes with my eyes closed while the girls played together, we had a delightful family dinner, the girls in bed early, and now we're watching the season finale of Traveler and eating yummy ice cream. I love when the day gets better, instead of worse.

5 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

I really hate when a children's museum ends up being lame. They have such potential for hours of fun and when they are boring and smell like urine, it dashes sweet hopes of having something to do on all those rainy days. But thank goodness for Target. We head to the toy aisle, each child picks out a toy, they play the whole time with the toy, and then we hand the toys to the check out person at the end and say, "We won't be getting these today." I love Target.

Sunnie said...

so is it really the finale of traveler? and when is it coming back on again? how can they do this to us- just when the show is getting started. just like lost. people should just keep a good thing going while they have it.

Emma Jo said...

Maybe we'll ask Mr. Matt Bomer himself...he and the friend from the show are doing a play in Western MA right now...Clark is trying to figure out a way to go see his play but Matt said we should probably leave the kids at home...hmmmm, maybe we should leave us at home as well and just do dinner...Clark and I just got DVR today and I think our lives are about to change.

Sarah said...

I am morally opposed to the television show Traveler. My last name used to be Traveller and it's spelled with TWO L's!! I boycott.

Abby said...

I am so happy for your return home. I read and lived vicariously, as mine was...less impressive...UNimpressive. NOTHING WAS DONE NOT EVEN THE BED WAS MADE!!! Ok, I'm done. I said it.