Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm it!...you'd better run, or you're next...

I actually like being tagged because it gives me focus, purpose, and something to do. So here we go.
8 Random Things
The Rules
-We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
-Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
-People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
-At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and they should read your blog.

1. I love to read. I have been reading the same book for over a month. This move has kept me way too busy so I read about a page at a time. The book is nearly 500 pages and it is just taking me forever, but its good so I'll finish it...I've only got about 40 pages left to go...its a book about Vincent Van Gogh.

2. I absolutely love art history but as mentioned in a previous "all about me", I have a horrid memory. I once knew a lot of artists and sculptors but now, no, not much. I feel passion for art and can appreciate a variety of styles, time periods and movements. It makes me feel and think and I love it.

3. I know American Sign Language. I started learning as a teenager and continued into college. I had the opportunity to interpret for a couple of young men in my student ward at BYU and had a temporary job interpreting for a girl going through training at Foley's one summer. (I secretly liked interpreting at church because it meant I got to go to priesthood meeting and sat in the front of the room on the side...it's hard to get that kind of attention when you attend a college full of talented, beautiful, eligible girls...so sue me.)
I still love signing but don't have a lot of opportunity to use it...I would like to interpret professionally someday.

4. I went to an Iridologist once who told me that I was acutely in tune with my body...I believe it...I believe that I have a heightened awareness of feelings, I've got a lot going on in my body and I feel all of it...sometimes it makes me feel like a hypochondriac, but I'm not.

5. There are a lot of places around the world that I really want to see. I love to travel but it takes me several days to feel comfortable in a new place...and I'm afraid of food poisoning.

6. Despite my fear of food poisoning, I love food. I love to eat out...I think it goes back to my "princess" roots of being served. You go in, sit down, they show you a list of choices, you tell them what you want, they bring it to you and then you get to leave and they clean it up. I love Mexican, Italian, a delicious hamburger, chips and dip, Mo's Russian Chicken and potato casserole, but not sweets so much (don't get me wrong, I appreciate a delicious Apple Pie or specialty ice cream but I would choose an appetizer over a dessert at night).

7. I'm sad that I cut my hair even though I know that if it were still long I would still be wanting to cut it.

8. I am good at creating things. I love to play the piano but I am mediocre.
I would love to be able to sing or dance really well. I have a good "choir voice" and I am horribly uncoordinated and ungraceful. But, I can sew, paint, embroider, draw, illustrate, and I'm good on the computer. I like to take pictures and I'm getting better, I hope. I would love to go back to school and take classes in photography and gardening. And I'm a really good organizer.

I tag anyone who reads my blog and everyone that I read...that means, if I leave a comment, you are tagged!...now go, prepare to entertain me.

7 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

you've been busy, girl....love your new pict....love i'm a preferred link on your blog now...and i love that you got to interpret in p'hood mtg and make all the girls jealous! nervwracking to pick out those sunday outfits, i'm sure! i almost called you a few times this week, why don't i do it when i think of it? i've never been "tagged" before...but i don't think this counts either.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

oh, and I agree, I'd choose an appetizer over a dessert any night! i'll be a photographer mentor for you!

Abby said...

If I comment am I dooming myself to be tagged? I say dooming bc it's so late and I'm too tired just now...and tomorrow I'm afraid I'm tied up with a big birthday party...then the blog to follow, see. I just don't know if I can "squeeze" this in! I am hearing tribal drums...anyone? 'So past my bedtime.

Suzie Petunia said...

I'm not leaving a comment because I don't want to be "tagged"... DOH!!!

Rynell said...

I'll play along...

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm all over Mo's Russian Chicken, too. Oh, didn't you know? Did you think you were special? Did you think you were the only one to know the gourmet delight of Russian Chicken minus Chernobyl Sauce? Well, I got me one super old, super secrety Ward cookbook and I know your mom's recipe for layered taco dip, Russian Chicken, and mint brownies.

Mandee said...

I am not responding to the original post so I won't have to answer but instead am commenting on the famous "Russian Chicken" which has now become a staple in the Lott house. So thank you Emily's mom!