Today I decided, after being uptight and grouchy this morning, to take the girls and head off on an excursion to the Mystic Aquarium. I have moved on from the complaining for the time being and decided that the girls needed to see my nice side for a while.Mystic has been unanimously dubbed our favorite spot. It is the neighboring town to the North of us. Mystic, though well known for its location of Julia Robert's first film, "Mystic Pizza", is an old New England whaling town. (Mystic Pizza is an actual restaurant that we have frequented both before and to come...its truly yummy.) It is quaint and beautiful and fun.
It has lighthouses, beaches (rocky and sand), restaurants, ice cream parlors, piers, boats, yachts, amazing old houses and breathtaking views. We hit historic Mystic Seaport (a replicated whaling town village and "tour-able" whaling ships) the last time we lived here and I am excited to take the girls soon.Anyway, the girls and I enjoyed our time at the aquarium.
It's a big, beautiful place. Our favorites were the enormous hermit crabs and the Beluga Whales.

We pet an American Alligator or Crocodile, I can't ever remember which, and Haley kept begging to go back and pick up the starfish.
It did get rather warm outside so we left sufficiently drained of our activity and went home for some quiet time. Clark and I laughed last night during the news weather forecast. They were moaning about the heat wave in New England, classified by at least 3 consecutive days of temperatures in the 90's...are you serious? Do they realize that the entire Western and Southern part of the country do that every day? Now, most of these New Englanders live without A/C so I feel for them in their "warm discomfort"...I guess our dear friends and family in Houston are just stuck living in sucky weather, get used to it, you get no attention for sweating your weight in perspiration every day between the months of March and November. When we arrived here and found out about the no A/C thing, you'd better believe that our A/C accustomed fannies were out at Target buying window units and installing them the same day. (OK, we didn't buy them at Target, we bought them at that other place but I didn't want to go to that particular place but we had to.)
How did I get so off subject?
The aquarium was great. We definitely need to take Clark back sometime. Tomorrow we may try a beach.
PS I have a lifelong ailment...no matter how many times I have spell checked the word, and it has been in the hundreds I'm sure, I still can't spell "definitely"....I spell checked it and spelled it right just now by the way.
9 comments:
the pic. with three girls, backs tuned, looking at something cool, i beleive it is the 3rd pic. from top,is that your daughter mia in the middle. HOLY COW. HOW DID SHE GET SO TALL AND GROWN UP SO FAST!!!!!!!!!!WOW, BUT STILL ENORMASLY CUTE. YOU HAVE A/C NOW RIGHT. sounds like a whole bunch of fun!
Looks like a fun time. Kudos to you for getting out and checking things out. Sorry about your heat wave, I feel really sorry for you. :)
i'm so sorry about all the barf. i hate barf. i'm jealous of your new adventure. life just seems more exciting there than in houston- lots going on there it sounds like. not that there's any shortage of fun here what with a newborn and all:)
So fun. Brooke's visiting Britt right now with all the kids, how far are you from New Hampshire?..no wait, I'd be way too jealous, don't go!!
I can never spell that "d" word either. It's a very elusive word. Good for you for taking advantage of the local fun stuff...that way you don't have to deal with the other stuff that's getting on your nerves. I say, just spend the whole summer doing fun stuff! I would love to visit Mystic...we always meant to but never got around to it. Sound like a really neat place. Don't get sick of it before we come to visit!
Ditto with Sades. Who is that long legged thing in the middle? Is it Haley's legs on Mia or what??!! No changing without me! This is harder to handle then I thought. Hang on girls, I'm coming! Nice job of getting out there and doing quaint things--how about your new goal is to make me insane with jealousy this summer at all the fun New Englandy activities...k? For real, keep it up, I'm loving the updates...where was that last complaint though? I want to see the bathroom...did I just kill your buzz? Sorry.
Just looked again, and I'm still freaking out at that tall, thin NON BABY! How tall is she? Did she pass the mancub? I can't wait to see them...and you, of course, yada yada. Seeing so much Clark in Abby, btw.
Yeah...what a fun mommy to take her little ones on adventures. As for the A/C, I would DIE without ours. I remember looking at many old houses in NY that didn't have them. THey were quickly crossed off the list!
How fun. Getting out is how I survive many a day. It makes us all able to handle the non-fun days better. Plus, New England? come on, that is so fun! Glad you got out. YOur girls are just so darn cute. I would love to meet them some day....
Post a Comment