Monday, May 28, 2007

Too Social

So here I find myself again, blogging inconsistently amidst a long list of things to do. I thought about posting my list (making lists is one of my favorite things to do) and letting you comment on what you think is a waste of time and not.
We are moving next week so the TO DO LIST has now been more specifically categorized into three sections: TO DO AT HOME, PLACES TO GO, THINGS TO GET. And I can assure you that each section is appropriately decorated with boxes, fancy lettering and doodles.
Upon this so called list is "clean out top file drawer". I am currently perusing my personal file containing report cards and such from Kindergarten up. I was tickled to read my conduct comments from middle school. These were some of my favorites:
pleasure to have in class
excellent projects
test scores inconsistent (Math teacher)
eagerly participates in class (Home Ec)
shows understanding of concepts
and my favorite "too social" as said by Mr. Farroba my health teacher.
So I'll keep cleaning out this drawer, shredding and throwing away, thinning our overstuffed files and then feel clean and lightened...one less thing to move.
Maybe later I'll fill in the details of our fun weekend to San Antonio Sea World and the wonders of my barfing 5 year old and how many loads of laundry those things produce...I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat.
Until next time...

8 comments:

Rainie said...

I can't believe your moving date is next week!! Will I ever see you again?? I bet your to do lists are the prettiest, but don't you agree that it makes all the things you have to do much more fun!

Sunnie said...

i'm sorry for all the barf. i hate barf. i'm glad you had fun at sea world. hopefully you stayed dry. good luck with the lists. moving is a big pain! let me know if you need any help.

Sadie Lou said...

Hello.

Oscarson Photography said...

im sure the part where you got to spend a couple hours with your long lost brother will get its own post.... right? i didnt even get a chance to say thank you for doing that. it meant a lot to me to getto see your two and the girls.

Suzie Petunia said...

Ah, Mr. Farroba. For so long I thought his name was "Farrober"... those darn Boston accents!

I love that you eagerly participated in HomeEc. Is it because there was food involved?

I can't believe you're moving! Good luck!

mo said...

Oh the emotions and memories your post brings on...moving (too recent to want to dwell on...I hate it), mini-vacations (I didn't know you got to see Spence!), barfing 5 year olds (I can laugh now but it's never funny in the present), and report cards (mine always said, "too social", is that such a bad thing?) Wish I was there to help you work on your lists. How's the house sale?

Sarah said...

I am glad that it is you moving and not me. Just looking into our filing cabinet makes me nervous!

Unknown said...

I still quote Mr Faroba sometimes. You know things like "BEEF! Balance. Eyes. Elbow. Followthrough."

And I'm always on the edge of my seat to see what you post next.

Until next time...

Good luck with the move.