Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Silly celebrities...

Does anyone else find it funny that the President of the United States signs autographs leaving the State of the Union Address? I do. If I were any kind of celebrity I would get a rubber stamp, a really cool one that was really my signature...maybe with a unicorn.

13 comments:

Kristin said...

Yes, I especially liked that one girl who pretty much did the Superstar cheer after the Prez handed back her program. Did you hear the announcers say that those people get there way early so they can get on TV shaking the President's hand?

Rainie said...

Please not a unicorn, what about a lady bug or butterfly??

Suzie Petunia said...

That is so funny. I swear I was going to write the EXACT same thing on my blog. But then I didn't. That's the only part of the tv coverage I caught tonight.He looked like he liked being famous, don't you think? And everyone was schmoozing him. It kind of made me sick to my stomach for some reason.

Unknown said...

Why do we do that? who cares about a signature on paper? its so rediculous that we give people that kind of power.

I love your new look. You did a great job!

Unknown said...

I'm just taking a closer look at your banner, and I really wish you lived close enough that you could give me lessons on how to do that to my closets...or maybe I could just bribe you to do it for me. and your girls are the cutest things ever and they look just like you. so beautimous. loverly, em.

Jessica said...

I have a love/hate relationship with the State of the Union address. Why do they clap so much?? Can't they just let the guy finish his little speech in peace?? I find it highly annoying. And, I agree with the silly autograph thing.

Emma Jo said...

You guys are all too funny--I feel validated to know that there are people out there responding to me. And Britt, I can't take credit, those closet pics are my ultimate dying day dream...it will never happen with my dear husband and sweet but messy children...but I'm flattered that you could really think they were mine.

Dallas and Krista said...

That is hillarious. I noticed the same thing. I also noticed that he introduced the creator of Baby Einstein- I mean it's nice and everything but seriously? I love the unicorn idea. So much cooler than a plane old signature of a president. What are you supposed to do with that anyway??

Suzie Petunia said...

Ok, last night on Antiques Roadshow there was a guy who had the autographs of 7 US presidents - all on his high school diploma. It was worth $10,000 if I remember correctly. It Kennedy before he was president. Maybe George Bush's retirement plan is to write his name over and over and over. Can you just see him doing that before going to bed?

Abby said...

I was irritated at the lady who announced the arrival of the Prez & co. She was all giggly at herself--whose niece was SHE? Confession: I changed the chanel because even though I respect the office, I cannot stand to listen to President Bush give speeches. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Add all the clapping and I end up in the corner, rocking. Plus, it's SO boring.

Mandee said...

I tend not to be suprised by anything he does. I have to agree with all the above mentioned responses. Between the President's as Abby said "nail on chalkboard" speeches, the cameras capturing Hilary Clinton rolling her eyes at the things being said, the courtesy standing ovations, and Nancy Pelosie looking unsure as to when to stand and clap and when not to, I had to turn the channel to Deal or No Deal re-runs. Okay I am done now!

Julie said...

What? The president spoke? The only part I saw was the autographs-- I think he was just writing straight lines at one point.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I wonder how he signs the autographs? Do they say,
"Keep It Real, Yo! Love, The Prez?"
Or maybe,
"To the coolest girl in all of Congress.....Republicans 4EVAH baby! Peace Out Dawg, G.Bush."