Thursday, January 18, 2007

My little girl is all grown up...

It's time I give due credit to little Abner who started school two weeks ago. She had her first day ever of preschool and I was distracted by clogged drains and my obsession with changing my blog...so, here's Abby in all her FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL splendor. Isn't she cute?

I promised that on her first day she would have something special to wear to school that was just hers.
She flip flops between loving it and pretending that she is indifferent so we couldn't use it as a threat anymore..."Abby, if you want to go to school you have to whatever whatever" "I don't want to go to school..." "hhmmm."

Today she actually argued that she wanted to go to school and tried to convince me that her Dad told her she could go everyday...do I look like I was born yesterday? Nice try Abbs. She only goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I have found new joy in bonding one on one with #3...what was her name again?

10 comments:

Abby said...

I do love Abby and her talent for fibbing..."Mom said..." I love it.

Suzie Petunia said...

Did you embroider that jacket? So cute! Why is she starting preschool now? Just wondering...

Emma Jo said...

My kids hit this point where they could really benefit from someone else telling them what to do and a bit more structure so I take advantage of an amazing Presbyterian Preschool nearby that I love love love...by the way, that time when they start tuning me out regularly starts at around 18 months. Besides, they love it and their learning jumps into high gear...oh yeah, and it gives me a few hours a week to breathe knowing that they are somewhere productive...maybe I should just call and chat instead of spewing my entire inner dialogue right here, shall I go on?

Emma Jo said...

Or did you just mean, why did she start in January. Easy, she was on a waiting list and someone moved out.

enginerd said...

Oh, the profound joy that is mine seeing these girls begin their education! Or is it the tremendous fear of what public education will do to their minds... Either way, they make me happy.

Sarah said...

Love the jacket as well! Very cute. I am glad that she enjoys it so much. Now, just drop Mia off at Abby's and go somewhere alone!!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm loving the new look around here. I sound like the McDonald's theme now. "Ba Da Da Dum Dum....I'm LOVIN It!" Seriously, nice job, and a gorgeous color scheme too.

I use to monogram my kids stuff too in the days before having six of them and realizing that hand me downs were going to play an integral role in the budget. Abby is so cute. You inspired me last time we spoke, and I'm looking to send Melody over there in the Fall.

Suzie Petunia said...

I was talking about the January thing... but thanks for the info. :) Call me. I'm bored.

mo said...

I'm glad Little Babs is loving school. I love the cute jacket, too. You girls are all so dang creative! Where did ya get all those creative juices from, huh?

Anonymous said...

cute cute embroidery! um...are you teaching classes any time soon?