Thursday, January 25, 2007

My life is spiral bound...



These notebooks are my life. I love to make lists. They contain nearly 15 years of grocery lists, homework, schedules, menus, travel plans, pro and con lists of major life decisions, baby name lists, journal notes, meaningful quotes and endless "to do" lists. I love these books. They are so full of my life. Kristen gave me my very first one in high school to fill with favorite quotes and they've been an addiction ever since. I can't pass up a cute notebook and I've never failed to fill it. Give me a kicky little book a cute pen and I'll organize your life...

17 comments:

enginerd said...

You are the real inspiration of that tear jerking, epitome of chick flicks...The Notebook!

Sarah said...

How fun! Your girls (and maybe one day your boys) will love looking at them. I too write EVERYTHING down, my I usually throw them away when I'm done.

Kara said...

OK, so someone in your family needs to go to cottage road designs and make a special notebook for you as a gift of some sort...or maybe I'll just do it! They are the best and one of a kind and very reasonable (not to mention that the owener of the place is the bomb).

Suzie Petunia said...

This is THE PERFECT example of how I WANT to be like you, but I am NOT. I probably own just as many cute notebooks. However good my intentions are, I NEVER fill an entire notebook. I never fill half of a notebook.

Emma Jo said...

It's very satisfying to fill a book...and how can you throw it away? Sometimes I like to look at all the checks on my to do lists, it makes me feel like I've accomplished lots..and I've seen the Cottage Road Designs, and my birthday is in August...anyone?

mo said...

Like Suzie P., I also collect cute notebooks and don't do anything productive with them. Target has the cutest pink plaid ones right now with matching folders and files. You must have one!!!

Emma Jo said...

If you think you know cute office supplies try this one on...recommended months ago by Sarah M. I think...
seejanework.com
You'll die--you will want to either be a super duper business woman or a crazed organized mom at home.

Julie said...

Cute notebooks-- I need to pizazz up my office supplies.

Abby said...

I make a list just about every single day as well...and a lot of times I throw them away when I'm done because that feels really satisfying to me. But I do insist on having a cute notebook that fits in my purse at all times.

Sarah said...

I have only one spiral bound notebook these days that I call my "Book of Woe." In it I log whenever I start a diet and log all the foods/calories I eat. I also used it when I had my first baby to track the times she ate and slept. It also tracks my numerous failed exercise regimes. I can flip through it and see how many things I've failed at over the past few years as evidenced by the short span of each entry.

Everyone should have a Book of Woe. Keeps you humble.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

which one is the one I gave you? Is it pictured? I had no idea I started such a stir---I also throw my lists away, but i think i may transition into this because i too love a cute book!

Emma Jo said...

Kris, the book in the very middle with the red border and the flowers...that was the start.

Sarah said...

seejanework.com is FANTASTIC!!! I visit often and drool. :)

scraphappymama said...

You are an ispiration to me. I think my life is summed up in about 4 books. Pathetic?!?!? One day I'll do better, until then I will leave the notebook filling up to you!!!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I have a buttload of really cute notebooks. I own a treasure trove of adorable pens including stripper friendly marabou ones, and some that look like they're lipstick. But they're not! So clever. Thing is, no surface in our house is safe from our little budding grafitti artist, Melody. My older girls are bad about hijacking notebooks I've already started in too, and filling it with hearts, flowers, rainbows, and crudely drawn unicorns.

Meh, that's why I blog, it keeps it scribble free. Well, except for that one day Melody went after the monitor with a cerulean blue crayon, but that's another story for another time.

Rainie said...

I'm so impressed!!! I love notebooks. I also rip out every list and throw it away. You've inspired me to start turning the page over rather then trashing it because how fun to have all that to go back and look through. You've inspired me!

Unknown said...

well, thanks for the votes of confidence, ladies:) I'll be happy to make anything you want.

I love cute notebooks, too. I pretty much love anything that's cute. period.