Friday, January 05, 2007

Glittery Goodness

Last night my sister called and asked if I could get away for a much needed girls' night out (her baby is teething somethin awful) and I am always up for that sort of thing. We got yummy food and then went to see a movie that we knew our husbands probably wouldn't choose to sit through. (We also got Marble Slab ice cream smuggled in our purses...curse my no-children-night-out-tiny-non-diaper-bag-purse...) Dreamgirls was our flick of choice and let me tell you, it was simply fabulous.
dreamgirls
A captivating story of aspiring singers, there was glitz and glamour, the costumes and the shoes, my gosh the shoes (you had to be paying attention to notice those but they were so fun!). My sister and I decided that we wanted to be Beyonce, in this movie anyway (and I'm mostly talking her style not her character). From their hair to their fingertips they were done up the entire movie. The film spans time from about the late 50's to the late 70's or so which means the fashion and costume element was phenomenal. I give it two glittery thumbs up--not to mention that the main actresses are incredible. I couldn't believe that Jennifer Hudson (one of the main girls) is an American Idol reject...I literally could not believe it because she was beyond amazing. Stirring, entertaining and fascinating.
beyonceint1
This was my favorite song.
SO, go see the movie and maybe even get the sound track but don't expect to be able to sing along unless you are an amazing black woman with vocal chords like I don't know what...you will enjoy it.
Dreamgirls
Don't you just want to wear that dress and stand like that?

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhh, you know you and Abby went home, put on something fancy, picked up hairbrushes, and stood in from of the mirror! I hope to have a girls' night out to see the same flick with my sisters-in-law.

Anonymous said...

What can I say? I loved it and I want to be Beyonce.

Suzie Petunia said...

You've convinced me!

Anonymous said...

I've got the booty, but not the voice!

Kelly(M&M) said...

I saw this movie last night as a girls night also, and I definitely don't think we could have picked a better movie! I thought it was fabulous, and Jeff would have been bored to tears. I grew up listening to the Supremes because my mom loved them. I, too, thought Jennifer Hudson was phenomenal. Your review of the movie was perfect. Two glittery thumbs up. :-)

Rainie said...

It wasn't on my list to go see but you've convinced me otherwise. Now I'm all excited about it.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if this was all Beyonce hype or a legitimate Oscar buzz movie...I'm sold.

mo said...

Where are my girls when I need them? I guess I'll have to go alone cuz PKO won't go. Sounds fun!

Suzie Petunia said...

I need a girls night out BAD.