Sometimes bedtime feels like I am being asked to sprint at the end of running a marathon...I'm really not emotionally dehydrated, it just seemed like a clever title...but I am tired.
Bedtime is definitely the hardest part of the day for me too. I'm supposed to get my kid fed, bathed, soothed and into bed right when my husband is coming home wanting dinner and all my friends are getting home from work and calling. I'll go all day with NOTHING going on and then bedtime hits and it's a total circus.
AHHH...I see that you've been playing with your colors!
I agree with the bedtime thing. It seems that as soon as by boy is in bed, I take a deep breath and want to go to sleep to. I don't becuase I still have laundry to do, dishes to clean, and some reading to do (or watching television to accomplish!).
The other night, I was the worst mother there ever was. I yelled right in my 2 year old's face. Her little face keeps popping in my head, making me relive the guilt all over again. She wouldn't talk to me for a while. Isn't that sad?
Needless to say, I agree with you. Bedtime is soooo haaaaard. I can't wait til I say, "Okay, goodnight. I'll be up to kiss you." and then they just do it all themselves. I think I remember going to bed without help. right? Maybe around age 11?
Anyway, it can be fun fooling around with the template. I'll help you with your banner, too if you want. Shoot me an email if you're interested. Does the new wider style allow for bigger pictures? I hate that I can't make my pictures big without bumping into my side bar...
I clicked on Concrete Sequential on my list of favorites and I thought for one small moment that something had gone terribly wrong and I was somehow transported to a site that wasn't yours. That scared me! I will be posting a new blog soon so check it out in the next day or two! I miss you!
To answer the only question I can--there is a tmplate called "minima stretch." And that is my only found solution for putting a bigger picture (especially a landscape one--as oppposed to portrait--and it keeps my profile in place and doesn't bump into it or anything. I think it just comes in white, so you can go and change the colors, etc. as you see here--and have Brittany make you a beautiful header, of course.
11 comments:
Bedtime is definitely the hardest part of the day for me too. I'm supposed to get my kid fed, bathed, soothed and into bed right when my husband is coming home wanting dinner and all my friends are getting home from work and calling. I'll go all day with NOTHING going on and then bedtime hits and it's a total circus.
And yes, it's a clever title :)
AHHH...I see that you've been playing with your colors!
I agree with the bedtime thing. It seems that as soon as by boy is in bed, I take a deep breath and want to go to sleep to. I don't becuase I still have laundry to do, dishes to clean, and some reading to do (or watching television to accomplish!).
We all lose our 'kick' from time to time. I supplement with caffeine.
I like the new look.. was this a templete or are you a website genious? Your pictures are all bigger too, making them even funner to look at!
My sister Abby re-did my site...we are trying to figure out how all those talented people do the fancy banners.
You are gonna have nice 10days off soon! and I have to face that for 10days.... I love to do it though...because it is just for 10days.
I can't wait to see the girls!!!
Spence is going to watch your kids? What? Where are you going? Are you doing something fun? Help! I feel out of the loop.
Sometimes I let my kids stay up because it seems like too much work to put them to bed.
And I love your colors, too!
The other night, I was the worst mother there ever was. I yelled right in my 2 year old's face. Her little face keeps popping in my head, making me relive the guilt all over again. She wouldn't talk to me for a while. Isn't that sad?
Needless to say, I agree with you. Bedtime is soooo haaaaard. I can't wait til I say, "Okay, goodnight. I'll be up to kiss you." and then they just do it all themselves. I think I remember going to bed without help. right? Maybe around age 11?
Anyway, it can be fun fooling around with the template. I'll help you with your banner, too if you want. Shoot me an email if you're interested. Does the new wider style allow for bigger pictures? I hate that I can't make my pictures big without bumping into my side bar...
I clicked on Concrete Sequential on my list of favorites and I thought for one small moment that something had gone terribly wrong and I was somehow transported to a site that wasn't yours. That scared me! I will be posting a new blog soon so check it out in the next day or two! I miss you!
How do I get one of these new-fangled wider formats? Is it one of the templates, or an option under "layout"?
Brittany... if you're bored and you have time... and it wouldn't be too much trouble... I'd love a new banner,too!
To answer the only question I can--there is a tmplate called "minima stretch." And that is my only found solution for putting a bigger picture (especially a landscape one--as oppposed to portrait--and it keeps my profile in place and doesn't bump into it or anything. I think it just comes in white, so you can go and change the colors, etc. as you see here--and have Brittany make you a beautiful header, of course.
Post a Comment