Thursday, November 30, 2006

A train leaves Chicago going 60 mph...

So while driving with my sister tonight we calculated (through an in-depth word problem) that women generally spend about 6.5 years of their life having their period.
Hm...math really does come in handy.
By the way, for two college graduates who didn't necessarily find math a strong point, it took us way too long to figure that out.
(Call for details on how we actually came to that conclusion.)

11 comments:

Mandee said...

Okay I am thinking it us much longer than 6.5 years. I am curious to know how you came to that conclusion.

Mandee said...

Sorry I spoke to soon. Am I to understand that you are talking 6.5 years without interuption? How depressing!

Sarah said...

Oh to have a sister...My brothers and I would never have this conversation!

Kelly(M&M) said...

You are so lucky that your sister is close enough to you that you can drive around together and HAVE this conversation. :-) It is so weird because I feel as though Oscarsons are all family to me. Even though it was not my best moment, I would have loved to have actually "met" you at the marathon. Thanks for the cheers. :-) And, keep blogging. The Oscar the Grouch times you didn't blog were sad ones. Your wit was missed!

Julie said...

6.5 years. That makes it sound really awful. My brother in law comes from a family of 11 children-- one time we calculated how many years his mother would have spent pregnant. I may not have done my math right-- but about 8.5 years? Anyone? I can't remember what we figured.

Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law also had 11 children and 3 miscarriages, we figured with pregnancy and nursing she shared her body for 11.5 years. I personally have 6.83 years of body sharing with pregnancy and nursing, not that I'm counting. My husband's daily saying is, "I'm so glad I don't have to worry about the things women do."

Suzie Petunia said...

But I'd rather be a girl than a boy any day. Boys have cooties.

Oscarson Photography said...

i'll take cooties over the jazz ya'll deal with every time. and we only have cooties 'cause we got it from girls! follow that logic? alright.

Emma Jo said...

Our family just oozes with maturity...I can just feel it...can you feel it?...I felt it...alright Janice.

Anonymous said...

oh, the joy of being male. Allow me to list:
1) Far less shaving area
2) absolutely zero fashion anxiety
3) no fear of bugs/insects/arachnids
4) free pass to play dumb
5) 1/3 less communication signals to interpret

I could go on...grunt, grunt

Suzie Petunia said...

Was that Clark?