Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Poopy Pooperton

My 3 1/2 year old just returned from the bathroom. She didn't even tell me she had to go and she came back screaming that she had two poops! My heart is joyous, nay, swelling with glee. It has taken far too long. We have put to rest many (and I mean MANY) a pair of poopy underwear that I was not willing to clean out. She is on her way folks. All of those prayers containing the words poop and tinckle are starting to pay off. There's no turning back. As far as I'm concerned she can eat suckers until the end of time.
Good girl Abby.

poop girl

15 comments:

mo said...

I'm so happy for you I'm crying. Only another mother who has gone through a potty training or two (or seven!) can appreciate what you are feeling. I do.

Sarah said...

Yeah!! I love hearing success stories about potty training--expically those that took some time to be successful. It give me hope for the future!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I wept with joy the day I discovered toddler sized Hanes Her Way panties at the dollar store. Yeah, they were all stamped "Slightly Imperfect" in big red letters on the label, but then Melody's potty training and butt wiping skills are also slightly imperfect, and I knew that the underwear was not long for this cruel world anyway.

Yay Abby! Hey, emma, will you buy me something pretty with all your money saved from not buying diapers? I like shiny things.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I feel for you. I was so grateful that the pre-schooler wasn't five until October this year. We weren't poop-trained well enough to be ready for kindgergarten. May she never have another accident. The treat chart gets really old after two years.

Oscarson Photography said...

finally she would make an acceptable pet... even solviegh didnt take this long... but, GO ABBY!!!!! we like to think we were a part of your poopy success story. sheaux says she want abby for christmas.... how about it?

Abby said...

I want SHO for Christmas...how 'bout it? I miss you guys. Oh--this is Emma's blog. I can vouch for her, folks. I get to go see the "fruits" of her labor whenever present. She's had her fair share of stinky funk, but I think she's gonna be ok. Just look at how adorable she is!

Suzie Petunia said...

Good job, Abby! (And Emily!!) I really am happy for you. If you think you'll miss praying about #1 and #2 you could always say them in behalf of Oscar.

Did she get a sucker for each poop? :)

Julie said...

Hooray! That is always a joyous occasion! She looks so pleased and sooo cute.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

If I got a lollipop for everytime I pooped, the world would enter into a serious lollipop shortage, and they would add it onto the "close to extinction" lists. The grape flavored lollipops? They would be a vanishing species first and foremost.

michaelstubbs said...

uh...did somebody say "poop"?

Rainie said...

I love that the name of this picture is called poop girl. That's the best!

Emma Jo said...

The bribes over the last year have gotten greater...when she can go two weeks without an accident she gets a big girl bike. However, with the amount of "incentives" she has consumed thus far, we might have to get her a set of dentures instead.

Hjalmar2 said...

Way to go, Abby. I knew you had it in you!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Well, she did have it in her, before hitting the toilet in hopes of a lollipop reward.

Amy Lynn said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I went so far as to offer my child a pony if he would just poop in the potty. He just laughed as he pulled on his pull-up.

Way to go Abby. Wanna come tell M. how it is done?