I'm crossing my fingers that I'm wrong, but this might just be one of those years where we are sick, a lot. We've had fevers and coughs and sore throats and stomach aches and all around laziness. I had three out of the four school going children home from school on the Monday following our week long Thanksgiving break. Needless to say, it took some time for order to be restored and days and days for the laundry to get done.
More Vitamin C!
Jonah has been in a bad mood for about two months. I'm going to go ahead and diagnosis him with a major attitude problem which I'm sure has nothing to do with the fact that he a spoiled fifth born with four older sisters and a Mom that holds him all the time because he is so cute. I've checked for two year old molars but to my great disappointment, that is not the problem. It was on one particularly choice day last week that he was in such a good mood, I allowed him to rub my head saying "Good boy doggy" for a very long time.
I spend my day with this kid. I'm afraid I won't ever be able to stop wanting babies because I so enjoy having someone around (when he is in a good mood.) Sister in law Megan introduced me to a gem nursery last week. I think it might have to be a new escape for me. In Connecticut when I had a few moments to myself I would escape to the shore and just sit. This could be my little beach. It was lovely. The babies made these two chairs especially cute.
When the girls are all at school I only have Jonah and the dog to keep me occupied. Sometimes they both dig in the herb garden and I let them. I am trying not to worry about the fact that the previous owners had their dog buried in there. At least they took it with them when they left. I didn't know you could exhume doggy bones but I'm sure glad they did.
I hope my kids remember at least a few of the traditions that Clark and I have tried to establish. I love Friday night pajama party with my little family. It's a throw back to my teenage years when I preferred a night in with my parents to going out with friends. Last Friday, every single person passed out before me, including the dog. That is rare.
Occasionally I convince Clark to tag along on errands with me. I start out thinking its going to be fun and then I remember that when I go grocery shopping I'm all business. I end up walking ahead of him to make it through my list until my arms are so full of things I traipse all over the store looking for him and the cart. Every time he goes to the grocery store with me he earns a Promised Land Chocolate Milk. On this particular day he felt it important to teach Jonah how to blow bubbles in his milk.
And then the dog ate Jonah. The End.
Only 4.5 days until Christmas break. If I can convince the kids to do a Thanksgiving break repeat (meaning minimal fighting and keeping the house mostly tidy) then it will be a wonderfully magical vacation. I love having them all home around me, as long as I get to escape every now and again to the grocery store or nursery down the road.


No comments:
Post a Comment