I was going to jump right into Christmas cheer and Christmas card photos but had to back up and revisit something that Megan-in-law and I did lots of years ago. There is a reason that mother's get all psycho about family pictures, BECAUSE THEY ARE AWESOME AND PRICELESS AND SOME DAY OUR CHILDREN WILL GROW UP AND WE WILL BE LIKE "WHERE DID MY BABIES GO?!" and no one really wants that.
When Clark and I lived here in Houston 10 years ago Megan and I had a brilliant idea (just like the brilliant idea that we had a couple of weeks ago...but I will get to that later.) You see, way back then we had all girls. She had four girls and I had three so we decided that it would be super wise and fantastic to make matching white dresses for all of them for Easter, then adorned with different colored sashes. "Can you imagine the pictures?" we said. Here is where mothers are sometimes just downright dumb. Kind of like that time we took two babies to a movie in the middle of the day. There are a couple of problems with our idea,
1) Lots of kids.
2) Lots of girls.
3) Mediocre photographers (we have gotten better since then!)
This is what happened.
Glorious, adorable, exhausting brilliance.
Not brilliant because they are awesome pictures but brilliant because I will never forget that day. Chasing those girls around and watching them and feeling crazy in love with each one of them will always be remembered.
So here is the lesson to be learned. Live. Do stuff. Remember it. Perfection is not what happens when you meticulously plan. Perfection is found in the gratitude and usually after a small amount of perspiration.
When Clark and I lived here in Houston 10 years ago Megan and I had a brilliant idea (just like the brilliant idea that we had a couple of weeks ago...but I will get to that later.) You see, way back then we had all girls. She had four girls and I had three so we decided that it would be super wise and fantastic to make matching white dresses for all of them for Easter, then adorned with different colored sashes. "Can you imagine the pictures?" we said. Here is where mothers are sometimes just downright dumb. Kind of like that time we took two babies to a movie in the middle of the day. There are a couple of problems with our idea,
1) Lots of kids.
2) Lots of girls.
3) Mediocre photographers (we have gotten better since then!)
This is what happened.
Glorious, adorable, exhausting brilliance.
Not brilliant because they are awesome pictures but brilliant because I will never forget that day. Chasing those girls around and watching them and feeling crazy in love with each one of them will always be remembered.
So here is the lesson to be learned. Live. Do stuff. Remember it. Perfection is not what happens when you meticulously plan. Perfection is found in the gratitude and usually after a small amount of perspiration.
1 comment:
Lovely thank you.
Post a Comment