Thursday, June 07, 2012

Spoken too soon...

I know better.  I posted a big 'ole bit on Facebook about how good I feel (overall, people, overall.)  Generally speaking, this has been the hardest pregnancy throughout, and yet, the last 3 weeks or so is the best I have ever felt at 9 months pregnant.
Seriously, less than 48 hours after writing that, I felt CRUDDY.  Yesterday I just woke up feeling awful and continued to feel that way all day.  I had contractions all day yesterday, not painful but pretty consistent.  By dinner they were only 3 minutes apart.  I was able to go to bed around 10:30 and sleep fairly well until 4:30am when they started up again, hard and painful, and long.  I thought for sure THAT was it but I sent Clark off to work anyway knowing that it would be a while no matter what.  Good thing I did because they have all but stopped.  I even just walked 2 miles pushing a stroller and had only 1.  On facebook I was searching for validation that it meant I was going to have my baby any second.  Pregnant women tend to get desperate like that.
The only conclusion I can come to is that my body stinks at going into labor.  I am kinda hoping that all this is doing a bit here and there and that when real labor happens it will be intense and short.  (I would take short and easy but I don't really see that as an option so much.)
As a pregnant person at the end of her pregnancy I am prone to ramble about such things.  I am also prone to read way too much into everything that is happening.  Like the contractions.  Or like the fact that I am feeling better again today and have had a rather lovely day at home with nowhere to go, just bonding with Hazel (who just put herself down for a nap.) I even made cookies (can too many put you into labor?  That would be nice since I have already helped myself to 4.)  And speaking of food, I am hoarding all the easy meals that are ready to go for when we really need them.  I don't want to use anything because I refuse to do any more trips to the grocery store.  We are stocked up and ready to go.  Waffles for dinner anyone?
Pregnant.  Pregnant.  Pregnant.
Really could this post get any more boring?
The answer is no.  No it could not.
And that is all I have to say.
(except for what I am about to say, of course.)

We have been doing this every day for the last several days.  Gorgeous weather this week, and beautiful skies.
 And just for the record...9 months prego.  Man, this pregnancy has been different to my body.
Also just for the record...I LOVE watching the rain.  This was a doozy of a storm.  I am grateful that my kids enjoy the same things that Clark and I do. 

7 comments:

JJ said...

Just remind yourself that it'll all be here soon enough.

I LOVE a good rainstorm. Alas, I get very few really good thunderclapper, lightening, and rainstorms here.

Good luck! I can't wait to hear about the little guy's arrival.

Maleen said...

How do you NOT second guess everything when you are pregnant...is what I would like to know?

I love storms and really hard rain. I've never thought about putting up chairs and just watching. You have the best ideas. I knew we were friends for a reason.

May Mr. Scharman II come very soon.

Meg said...

You sound like me when I had my third baby. My second was fast and contractions didn't start until about 6 am and he was out by noon. I was hoping for the same with #3 but he was a bit different. I was sure I was in labor one night. Even called my doctor at 3 am to say we were on the way. Got out of bed and nothing!!!! I went back to bed. The whole next day I would have random contractions and unlike any other pregnancy I felt like CRAP! It was weird and I didn't like it. I went to our wards Christmas party having random but hard contractions. We went home and I watched a movie. The contractions really kicked in when I went to bed. We got to the hospital by 1am and he was born at 3am. So good news, your body is doing something. Bad news, it could do it for a few days. Look for your mucus plug. You can't miss it if you lose it at home. I never saw mine until I had my 3rd and it let me know I was dilating and things were working, but don't be discouraged if you don't see it. I wish you all the luck with the natural. It's intense and painful but you can do it. But if you opt for pain meds in the end, you are no less of a woman for doing so. Can't wait to see the little guy and learn his name!

SP said...

So excited for you. Sending good labor vibes your way!

Leah said...

Oh the horrible last,last, bit of pregnancy! As always you bring back so many memories that our Mother-brain buries deep and hastily after the pregnancy is over.
Loved the stroller shot.
And hope you're in labor right now.
Cheers,
Leah

mo said...

I really do think it is pretty normal to be obsessed with getting that great big intrusive watermelon-sized object out of your body as soon as possible. It tends to command your attention no matter what you are doing. So, bring it on! That last shot really reminded me of me. I used to love to sit in the garage and watch the rain storms rage. Must be a genetic thing.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

love that pic of you in the rainstorm!