Remember this? I received my DVD and class manual for the course on Physiology and Fitness in the mail yesterday. I hope I am not breaking any copyright laws for showing it to you...if nothing else, let this be like the trailer for an amazingly informative and interesting series provided by The Learning Company on Physiology and Fitness, a series hosted by Dean Hodgkin (that's my plug!)
Please pay especially close attention to the shifty eyes (where do I look, where do I look?!) and the exceptionally sweaty armpits, keeping in mind that I had not actually been working out for hours but rather took a shower that morning, got dressed and drove my car to the studio. But I was growing a baby that day, which apparently makes me sweat like a yeti. Secondly, I am not capable of simply "looking pleasantly content" without smiling like I am for a picture. Therefore, I have spent most of my life looking angry, or indifferent. It's not you, it's just my face. Oh, and the only evidence that I am even pregnant may be the protruding belly button...and sweaty armpits which have already been mentioned excessively (but who am I kidding, I sweat like that all the time and truth be told, my belly button is an outtie too, even when I am not pregnant. There, all my secrets out in the open.)
It's OK if you laughed a little, or a lot. I know I won't ever make it big in Hollywood, not without getting belly button reduction surgery anyway.
But it was fun.
I just re-read a comment from the blog back in March where sister Abby mentioned a certain cameo appearance I did in a music video back in NYC in the early 90's. Oh yes sister Amy, I am going there for all the world to see. Because no matter how ridiculous (ridiculously COOL) we look, I will always have the excuse that I was only 11. Keep in mind that this was before the days of my sweating/belly button problems - also before I knew that fast dancing did not include tap dance like moves, or does it? I may have never learned that lesson.
And no matter what Amy, you will always have the fact that I idolized my older sister with her awesomely permy hair, stellar dance moves and MC Hammer-like pants.
Rock on.
(disclaimer #1: I don't know how to avoid the youtube video "suggestions" after the video is over...don't click on them because who really knows what they are?)
And since I finally figured out how to load other videos as well, why not the video of Clark doing the worm that was also promised so very long ago...way back in December. He deserves his moment of glory too, doesn't he?
(Disclaimer #2: My favorite part of this video is at the beginning where he specifies that this video will never be shown to anyone...if you will recall, I did indeed get his permission to post it...also just as a side note, when Haley says that I was crying and I mentioned gagging, it's because I was in first trimester throws of nausea and I had been laughing so hard that I was indeed crying and may or may not have thrown up in my mouth just a little from the overexertion of being entertained so thrillingly. But it was worth it. Also, the excessive laughing came from the 15 minutes before this video when he was practicing and trying to figure out how to actually do the worm...that, was hilarious. Once he actually figured it out, it was more impressive than funny...but still funny.)
Go ahead and admit it, it was worth the wait.
Please pay especially close attention to the shifty eyes (where do I look, where do I look?!) and the exceptionally sweaty armpits, keeping in mind that I had not actually been working out for hours but rather took a shower that morning, got dressed and drove my car to the studio. But I was growing a baby that day, which apparently makes me sweat like a yeti. Secondly, I am not capable of simply "looking pleasantly content" without smiling like I am for a picture. Therefore, I have spent most of my life looking angry, or indifferent. It's not you, it's just my face. Oh, and the only evidence that I am even pregnant may be the protruding belly button...and sweaty armpits which have already been mentioned excessively (but who am I kidding, I sweat like that all the time and truth be told, my belly button is an outtie too, even when I am not pregnant. There, all my secrets out in the open.)
But it was fun.
I just re-read a comment from the blog back in March where sister Abby mentioned a certain cameo appearance I did in a music video back in NYC in the early 90's. Oh yes sister Amy, I am going there for all the world to see. Because no matter how ridiculous (ridiculously COOL) we look, I will always have the excuse that I was only 11. Keep in mind that this was before the days of my sweating/belly button problems - also before I knew that fast dancing did not include tap dance like moves, or does it? I may have never learned that lesson.
And no matter what Amy, you will always have the fact that I idolized my older sister with her awesomely permy hair, stellar dance moves and MC Hammer-like pants.
Rock on.
(disclaimer #1: I don't know how to avoid the youtube video "suggestions" after the video is over...don't click on them because who really knows what they are?)
And since I finally figured out how to load other videos as well, why not the video of Clark doing the worm that was also promised so very long ago...way back in December. He deserves his moment of glory too, doesn't he?
(Disclaimer #2: My favorite part of this video is at the beginning where he specifies that this video will never be shown to anyone...if you will recall, I did indeed get his permission to post it...also just as a side note, when Haley says that I was crying and I mentioned gagging, it's because I was in first trimester throws of nausea and I had been laughing so hard that I was indeed crying and may or may not have thrown up in my mouth just a little from the overexertion of being entertained so thrillingly. But it was worth it. Also, the excessive laughing came from the 15 minutes before this video when he was practicing and trying to figure out how to actually do the worm...that, was hilarious. Once he actually figured it out, it was more impressive than funny...but still funny.)
Go ahead and admit it, it was worth the wait.
13 comments:
I love that music video! I wish I had pants like yours.
Nice work. I am still waiting for my big break into the film industry. While attending church with my brother a couple of weeks ago, I was told by someone who had worked for LDS films that I should contact the casting director because my "full beard and wholesome look" would qualify me for a role in some upcoming Bible films. They haven't called me back. Maybe if I had an outie belly button and some sweaty pits, I could make it...really though, you look good.
These little clips enlightened my evening more than I can tell you...Clark doing the worm equals totally awesome, man. The boy has skills. Straight UP!
This made my night!
You guys are hilarious! Love that you're famous..but I'm not sure it can compete with that AWESOME music video! And by the way..I also do not know how to look happy without a smile..I look angry without a smile too! Thought I was the only one that had that problem!(but for the record I don't think you looked angry..but the shifty eyes were hilarious!)
Since you are doing Clark videos, Andrew has put in a request for the firecracker scene from "Joe Dirt."
Wait, got totally distracted by your widget that says you only have 19 days to go. That is awesome.
But back to the videos. Clark rocked the worm. I'm glad he graciously allowed the world that video.
It was weird to see your dance video. It looked like your kids.
And I thought you looked very natural in the fitness video. If I didn't know you, I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it. But now that you mention it, the shifty eyes were pretty funny.
Okay, maybe the eyes are just a little shifty but you are so cute! Why does this video remind me of the exercise lady that just sits in the chair and lifts her arms slowly? It's not exactly the intensity of the Cindy Crawford exercise video we almost all killed outselves doing, is it? The dance video is pure Oscarson classic and yes, Clark's worm was well worth waithing for. You guys really rock!
Wow. I didn't know that I had such famous (and infamous) relatives. Your world must be filled with public appearances, paparazzi, and the headaches of celebrity. Can I get your autograph?
Very cool. Very few of us can say that we've been in a workout video (I personally hope to never say that :-)...it would not be good television).
Ahhhh Clarkey. Love you!
umm, how did I miss this post? I love your excercise video. I wish I looked as cute as you prego! And you and Amy? that was just classic. I may study it to improve my dancing skills. And, Clark?, well, impressive!
Oh my word I had no idea I would be so entertained when I clicked on "concrete sequential" today. Also, the memorial post pics and your girls singing were absolutely beautiful.
"straight up"!
Leah
Wow!!! I'm seriously laughing so hard, in such a positive way. You have awesomeness that I will always lack. I loved all three clips. You are almost famous, it's so close, I can feel it.
All of those videos made me happy on so many levels. I needed an early morning happiness fix.
P.S. A certain 11-year-old of mine requested a Facebook profile for his next birthday so he could friend a certain daughter of yours. Peter and I waited until after he left the room to laugh our heads off.
Post a Comment