Thursday, February 23, 2012

Virginia is seriously confused.

It was 65 degrees today.  65 degrees.  I wonder if Virginia remembers that it is supposed to have four seasons, one of which is winter.  I am not complaining.  I love 65 degrees, I adore it.  But I made peace with winter a few years ago and since then I actually look forward to it (as long as we don't lose power...I don't enjoy being cold, in my house.)
Up to date this year though, we have had, no, snow.  A flurry or two has fallen once or twice.  We even had slush that stayed on the ground for about 12 hours and was enough for the girls to trapse about in their snow gear, thus making it all very, very muddy.  But that's it.
I am waiting for a blizzard somewhere around May.
I guess I will just try and enjoy it while it lasts.
Hazel just came tearing into the house and frantically communicating, on behalf of the sisters, that they needed a popsicle stick and a paper bag, immediately.
I'm not sure I need to be that worried.
The 65 degree weather can stay I suppose.  Now if I could only open up my windows that have been painted shut.  I'm pretty sure it would take chisel and maybe a saw.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

People who paint shut windows should be tarred and feathered. I will try to send all snow your way. I had enough in Connecticut to last me a while.