Today I had the most unique opportunity to participate in a short segment being filmed on prenatal exercise (the entire series, being about physiology and longevity.) Abby's best friend's Mom is an associate producer at The Learning Company - they put out educational/instructional videos on all sorts of subject. This particular series includes a group of segments done by Dean Hodgkin, a world renowned athlete. After looking up his website I tried not to be embarrassed, helping illustrate his points. I'm pretty sure I am missing most of the muscles that he has.
The timing was ultimately ironic because, you see, I cancelled my gym membership last week.
I was a total goober and look exceptionally rectangular on camera. So be sure to look for my bulging belly button and the sweat marks under my arms when doing side bends (consequently, he told me it looked authentic - we won't tell the viewing public that I had not been exercising for the last hour, but rather got up, got dressed and drove there in my car...it can be very sweaty work for a pregnant person.)
So I may or may not have looked ridiculous, BUT, I met a particularly muscly celebrity (nothing compared to my husband, naturally), got to sneak away from my house for a couple of hours, got to be filmed and got to do something totally out of the ordinary. I now have a new thing to say in the the game two truths and a lie.
I was in an exercise video.
We did it all in one take...I sure hope that my demonstration of those moves does not lead countless numbers of pregnant exercisers astray (but seeing as how their main demographic for these videos is Baby-boomers simply looking to further educate themselves on a variety of topics, I think I may be good.) We went over what moves I would be doing, then during the actual filming he stood off the stage and narrated while I moved from exercise to exercise. The segment is all of 2 minutes long. It should be ready on DVD in April or May (I get a free copy to show off to guests and family members that promise not to laugh!)
In any case, I will spend the rest of my day analyzing my performance.
Did I maintain that frumpy posture the whole time? Did I remember to stand up straight, smile? not wince or turn red when doing the hip lifts while lying on the floor?
PS The set was only slightly similar to what I have learned from watching 30 Rock, but the people were much calmer and a lot less crazy.
The timing was ultimately ironic because, you see, I cancelled my gym membership last week.
I was a total goober and look exceptionally rectangular on camera. So be sure to look for my bulging belly button and the sweat marks under my arms when doing side bends (consequently, he told me it looked authentic - we won't tell the viewing public that I had not been exercising for the last hour, but rather got up, got dressed and drove there in my car...it can be very sweaty work for a pregnant person.)
So I may or may not have looked ridiculous, BUT, I met a particularly muscly celebrity (nothing compared to my husband, naturally), got to sneak away from my house for a couple of hours, got to be filmed and got to do something totally out of the ordinary. I now have a new thing to say in the the game two truths and a lie.
I was in an exercise video.
We did it all in one take...I sure hope that my demonstration of those moves does not lead countless numbers of pregnant exercisers astray (but seeing as how their main demographic for these videos is Baby-boomers simply looking to further educate themselves on a variety of topics, I think I may be good.) We went over what moves I would be doing, then during the actual filming he stood off the stage and narrated while I moved from exercise to exercise. The segment is all of 2 minutes long. It should be ready on DVD in April or May (I get a free copy to show off to guests and family members that promise not to laugh!)
This is me and Dean. He was very nice.
(Shoot, I was sure I looked more like Angelina Jolie when I left the house this morning.)
In any case, I will spend the rest of my day analyzing my performance.
Did I maintain that frumpy posture the whole time? Did I remember to stand up straight, smile? not wince or turn red when doing the hip lifts while lying on the floor?
(No worries about the posture, at least in this picture. We hadn't started yet. I was just standing in the middle of the floor waiting, and trying not to look too awkward with all the other people on the other side of the camera...did I succeed? Don't answer that.)
PS The set was only slightly similar to what I have learned from watching 30 Rock, but the people were much calmer and a lot less crazy.


12 comments:
Cool! I want to be a in movie one day too. Don't worry about the sweating thing. I sweat more while I am standing in front of a classroom than I do when I run 6 miles. It's terribly embarrassing, but now I'll just always be "that sweaty guy" who teaches English. At least you got to sweat during an exercise video.
How fun!! I agree...I remember getting nice and sweaty while driving in the car when I was pregnant. I love the comment above...I am the choir director in my ward and I sweat during the entire practice. I have to wear extra deodorant during practices. I am sure it is a lovely sight for all in the choir.
that is going to be AWESOME!
I always knew you would be a big movie star someday. I just knew it. You look way better than fat lips Jolie.
Holy cow, you're famous. I will immediately start name dropping that I know you.
How extremely random and totally cool. I want to buy the video and I'm not even a baby boomer. :)
You certainly do look like a fit pregnant woman...even if you quit the gym. It is better than me, who never joined. :(
Ha! I knew your video in NYC with Amy (why the HECK isn't that on YouTube?) "'aint been in vain fer nothin' " It prepared you for this! It all makes me giggle a lot, but truthfully, you do look pretty fit. Tight like a tiger.
Hey that is cool!
Cool bizarre experience.
I just got your comment and link you sent. Of course I would love to go, for the workshop, and meeting you would be so cool! A real blogger moment, that of course we have will have to then blog about.
I left a comment on your bestie's blog, and am awaiting to see what the cost is, and working on hubby saying yes. But he loves to make me happy, so I am not worried.
It is a 4 and a half drive...kinda long...but I have done much more dramatic things to get a way from the house and children. I will let you know. And thanks for thinking of me...I'm honored.
I agree with Abby. You look tight. I don't believe I look as good as you whilst pregnant. The set kills me.
I always knew that you were famous and C is a spy...just trying to blend into the suburbs.
You look great!
how fun is that!?! Surprised they didn't let you practice a little more...
Post a Comment