Insane in a good way...
I had to go ahead and spill the beans over the internet because Clark posted something on Facebook...bad move Clarkus. Facebook does not, and should not ever precede the blog. We will have words later.
But it's true. We will be giving birth to a gummy bear in June (please do not mention anything about how freakin far away June is...I realize that we have to go through the rest of fall, all of winter AND all of spring before arriving there.) But hopefully it also explains my neglect of certain things like blog commenting and cleaning my house and feeding my family.
Let me go ahead and answer the question that is on all your minds (and the minds of every stranger/acquaintance that has heard our news in light of our already existing offspring.)
We were not trying for a boy. We would be thrilled with either gender, really and truly but thank you for asking and I don't blame your curiosity one bit.
And thank you all for participating and submitting votes...I will eventually get around to changing my header, maybe after my nap.
(and please don't be offended that I didn't take your advice, I was bound to disappoint some of you.)

26 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting. Even though it may seem far off....just remember that the Holidays make everything fly by....the baby will be here before you know it..get ready!!!
Wait, wait, wait...How do you TRY for a boy?
Oh anyways, congratulations. I did read it on facebook, but you had already told me in person. Don't punish Clark too much.
Congratulations! I would just like to say that I knew and did not spill the beans on Facebook like your husband. Hee, hee. We are so excited for you!
Love the header!
Love the header:). And we are SOO excited to meet baby #5! You make gorgeous girls and I'm sure you would make a handsome boy also! Enjoy the next nine months..I'm sure you remember..it flies!
I'm so happy for you guys (and I hardly know you). Congratulations!!!
Do you know how much I love, love, love gummy bears? Especially the orange ones...and they HAVE to be fresh and chewy. Can't wait!
You're cute. I can't wait to read all about it here. Congratulations!
Congrats!!! So exciting and fun. I hope you have another girl because, wow, 5 girls! How awesome would that be? I hope you have a boy because boys are just so fun and have such a special relationship with their mamas. I'm excited for you either way. You just can't lose!
Yea!!
Five girls is just the right number for me....but I am sure a boy would add a little variety to things, too. I think you should name him Gummy Bear. We could call him GB. Like the new header a lot...even if I didn't vote for it! It IS your blog!
That is the best news ever! It makes my 11/11/11 perfect. I hope you have a healthy baby, because that is what I always wished for. And maybe one that sleeps through the night early on, and one that likes the car seat because there is no getting around having to be on the move with four other kids, and one that doesn't spit up too much, and one....wait, this may never end.
I really just wanted to say Congratulations to your whole family. Are the girls so excited?
p.s. Did you notice that was the 11th comment too? Freaky, but cool.
YAY! Congratulations! Hope you are feeling good!!!
5 kids... everyone's doing it! glad you are jumping on board! hope you are feeling good and june will come sooner than you think. congrats! june 17th is a great day for a baby!
He he, I thought your answer to everyone's question was going to be yes it was on purpose. Isn't that what people ask nowadays when someone has so many? Have as many as you like--I love little Scharpeople!
Congratulations Emily!
A gummy bear in June.
I have always held the belief that pregnancy taking a full 40 weeks is part of the curse that God said we have we have to endure in childbirth; but followed by such a blessing. I so hope you will have a constant rotation of female help during your pregnancy. We decided to be done with our four and yet every time I hear or someone having more than four I get a slight tinge of...something; can't think too long about it.
I shall have to vicariously go through "the fifth" though you and your blog updates.
Happy, Happy, for you!!
Cheers,
Leah
We could not be happier for you guys! Lots of love to you, "Clarkie", and the girls....and possibly boy.
love your blog picture. You are so creative. Love your news... have to admit the cousins already told me...but we great aunts are allowed such news right! Congrats
Yeah! I finally get to admit that I've known...who awhile :) Congrats!
Congrats!!! That's exciting.
Woohoo!!!
With kids as cute as yours, I think you should keep the factory open! :)
Nat
YAY! I LOVE gummy bears!
I am so excited for you and your family. I got the same thing, "Oh, were you trying for your boy?" Um, no! We just wanted another child and what are the odds that we would have a boy. Now that we have our little boy, I am getting ,"Don't you think you should try for another boy so he can have a brother?" Love it. If I had another one, it would probably be a girl and poor Blake would have 3 older sisters and 1 younger sister.
Hip hip hooray! Love the header,too!
You'll know what I mean when I say: congratulations on your swim team making the state championship. It was the text I sent you of that special button, wasn't it?!? Anyway, really, congratulations, because, a baby! That's even better than a gummy bear. I'm kind of partial to the five girls thing myself, but then again, I have a really cute little boy, so I'm sure it'll be great either way. If I lived nearby I'd come bring you dinner and/or hold your hair when you're hanging over the toilet, because, you know, that's when friends do.
Post a Comment