I am normally pretty on top of my pictures. None of this "upload them every six months." Oh no. I dump pictures after every event and put them in nice neat little folders by month and year, where they belong. So imagine my surprise (but not really in light of the last couple of months) when I uploaded pictures today and saw Halloween on there. Halloween?! That was like, a month ago!! Shame on me.
So without further adieu, the dump.
So without further adieu, the dump.
It's never too late to share Halloween pictures, right? Tell me it's never too late.
I particularly loved the cat whose face looked like she had been digging through someone's garbage. She might have, one never knows.
We trick or treated with friends. It was chilly. The cat lost almost all of her paraphernalia, only to be found on our way to the bus stop a couple of days later.
Abby had some kind of reaction to face paint. She was fine and even got a day out of school out of it.
Hazel continues to be afraid of being alone in our house...thus the "watching Netflix on Mom's phone in the same room with her while she showers".
The kids raked leaves then jumped in them with friends.
Mom checked for ticks.
Fast forward, way forward to this weekend where we had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving with the bro and his wife, and cousins and their brand new baby (and a token Grandma! We love those!) It was lovely and perfect.
I took a picture of my food because I am an Oscarson and I do that. If I wasn't too lazy to retrieve the picture from my phone I would show you my dessert plate with six slices of pie on it. Mmmm, pie.
We took the girls to see a movie and they proceeded to do what they always do at the end (I think it's their favorite part.) They dance unabashedly up front by the screen. PS The Muppets rock. They will always rock. Clark has never been to Mount Vernon so the girls and I showed him around this weekend. We have had crazy warm weather for November, still in the mid 60's! I am waiting for winter to slam us hard and never leave...but not really. I could get used to this kind of weather at the end of November.
Seriously, this weather is incredible.
And then we had to take pictures...lots because there is always at least one person that feels the need to do something goofy...Mia...
Abby...
Hazel...
And then it was all over because Mia saw a squirrel. There's just no coming back from that.
And even though I am a total and complete stickler about allowing Thanksgiving to dominate November, I will admit that this year we did start listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. But the tradition still stands that the tree gets got the day after, always (or rather two days after this year, as the case may be.)
And now the house is as decorated as it gets, the family room furniture is rearranged to accomodate the tree...pushing the armchair and ottoman into the corner thus making THE perfect spot to sit for the entire month of December where I can take in all the comfy cozy sights of the tree, a spot to set my mug of Wassail and a lovely view of Liz Lemon on the TV.
Bring on December, I'm ready.






8 comments:
This was one of those posts that just makes me love and miss you more. Really I do. We did so many of the same things ... we should just be doing them TOGETHER, right? My plate from Thanksgiving even looked identical. Pictures forthcoming on the blog. :)
It's never to late to post Halloween pictures. It's one of the highlights of the blogosphere, seeing cute relatives dressed up and looking even more adorable than usual. I heart Mount Vernon. I've told my entire family that if we ever strike it rich I'm going to recreate that dining room in my house and make everyone go to the parlor for tea after dinner. I like your photo dump and I'm glad you're all ready to sit back and watch some t.v. in holiday cheer. Wish I was there . . .
Em, I'm freaking out a little right now about how much you look like your mom in that last picture of you and girls. Crazy. Good thing your mom is beautiful and lovely, and I hope you take that as a compliment! :)
A very respectable dump.
It has been in the 50 and 60s here too...insane, especially for upstate New York.
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, and kudos for you for keeping up with Christmas traditions even in your first trimester.
Cheers,
Leah
You are funny, and your girls are funny. I am glad you have a nice Thanksgiving. I couldn't find my camera for a while so I don't have photos to dump (except REALLY old ones). I am usually on top of that as well, but I have a pregnant brain. Dump away. It's always fun!
OK, I have an issue. We saw you like 5 months ago and everyone looks relatively the same (your expanding waistline excluded) except MIA. How could you let her grow up?! Seriously! She looks way older than when I left her and that's not ok. Didn't we have a deal? Weren't you going to push pause on the growing until we can maybe one of these days see you again? Well, you forgot to pause Mia. So, shun. Unshun - I'll get over it, hopefully soon. Reshun.
Way to cover a lot of ground at once. I am still giggling at the Hazel under the blanket photo--she is hilarious! In fact, you all are! I just love you guys!
I love a good photo dump. It feels good to cleanse and refresh...and this comment has such a crude tone to it and I really didn't mean it that way.
Post a Comment