My sweet Grandpa passed away a few days ago. I don't like change. It feels surreal and bittersweet. My sisters all said it way better than I could.
Here, Here and Here.
Even though it is for the bitter part, at the end of the week we will all get to taste the sweet as I see cousins and family that I haven't seen for years. Family that I love. Family that I adore. Not to mention every single member of my family, brothers, sisters, parents. It will be joyful, I know. The day I found out, I teared up every time I saw an elderly gentleman. His presence here will certainly be missed. But I am grateful for so much. Grateful for family. Grateful for his life and legacy. Grateful for his weekly letters, real live letters that came in the mail.
Grateful for the knowledge that he still is, and that I we will see him again. Grateful that all will be well.
To Grandpa, SLY.
Here, Here and Here.
Even though it is for the bitter part, at the end of the week we will all get to taste the sweet as I see cousins and family that I haven't seen for years. Family that I love. Family that I adore. Not to mention every single member of my family, brothers, sisters, parents. It will be joyful, I know. The day I found out, I teared up every time I saw an elderly gentleman. His presence here will certainly be missed. But I am grateful for so much. Grateful for family. Grateful for his life and legacy. Grateful for his weekly letters, real live letters that came in the mail.
Grateful for the knowledge that he still is, and that I we will see him again. Grateful that all will be well.
To Grandpa, SLY.

8 comments:
I am so grateful there is a great, big silver lining to this "cloud" hanging over the family. What a gift to be all together for a couple of days. Isn't it amazing that it takes years to plan family reunions, but when it is truly important we drop everything and are there in a flash for one another? I love our family. I love that I get to see you in a few days.
I've also noticed all of the elderly gentlemen around me the last few days, and they each made me think of Grandpa. Today I ate lunch with Alice and Joe in a Wendy's. There was an older guy sitting all by himself eating and of course I thought of Grandpa. An older man behind us in line at Target kept trying to get Joe to smile and talk to him. Grandpa there again. I miss him.
I only had the chance to meet him once but what an amazing man he was! I'm sorry for your loss!
I think you said pretty well yourself. I love your outlook, love your family, and love you.
I'm sorry for your family's loss.
i am sorry about your grandpa. it's funny how those things effect you deeper than you think that they would. it is never easy!
So sorry you have lost your Grandfather Emily.
A very sweet, honest, and honoring post. Hope your time with family blesses you.
Leah
Well said, Em. It will be great to see you-- sad to say bye to Grandpa:)
See you soon.
Reading this made brought back memories of Grandpa J. By the end I'm bawling. I know how it feels to say good bye to a great man.
Post a Comment