Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pining for Pinterest...

Shame on all of you that are following me on Pinterest! and so soon.  I gave into temptation yesterday (only because Clark was out of town and I was bored out of my gourd) and went to look at other people's boards.
So I registered.
But I am not opening that box.
I can't.
I won't.
There will be no coming back.
Plus, what if I only pin really ugly, awful stuff and you all realize that I am not as cool as maybe you thought I was.
I wouldn't want to devastate anyone like that.
Then again, next time Clark is gone, we'll just see.
Pandora's box I tell you.
Pandora's box for a gal like me.

Post Edit:
OK, in all my naivity, someone needs to explain...how in the world am I suddenly "following" all these people?  Not that I don't WANT to follow you, mind you, it just freaks me out a little.  And shame on ME for thinking that people were intentionally following me.  I guess I just don't understand this crazy thing called the "internet".

9 comments:

The Titmi said...

You know- I was thinking that about you when you I saw the email saying you were following me- "oh- no! What has she gotten herself into!" I have 2 friends cursing me and worshiping me for introducing it to them. Make a commitment to make things you pin and you won't pin so much :)

Maleen said...

And our strange connection continues. I joined Pinterest this morning against my better judgment. I clicked some boxes and now I am following all these people who are not interesting to me (not to mention all the FB people I instantly followed.) Can I unfollow some people, please?
I am having someone come over tomorrow to give me some help. I told myself I would not even join...I don't have time.
If you have any helpful hints, I would love to hear them.

Brittany said...

Wait, yes... why am following all of these people I didn't choose to follow? I wnt to know the answer too! Also, don't get started, it's the biggest time waster ever and so so much fun.

Matt said...

Em, I don't get it either. But then again I don't even know what it means if you're "tagged" on facebook. I'd send you some advice, but that last statement shows you how cool I am. Pinterest is pretty awesome though. Both of my sil's were into it a long time ago when it first started, and it's fun to see all the treasures that are out there. In your post edit I pictured Chris Farley saying "Just cause I don't own a toothbrush, or know how to use the internet" :)

Natalie Rose said...

I'm totally clueless about all the pinning...and I've decided I should probably keep it that way. Not sure I have enough brain power to figure it out. Etsy gets me in enough trouble as it is. I already have a running list of projects that I don't have the time or drive to complete. No sense adding fuel to the fire. Good luck to you though...so brave for taking the plunge! Pin away! :)

On a different note, is it EVER going to stop raining? Where are the cool, crisp, fall days? It rains more here in VA than it ever did when we lived in WA state! What's up with that? Sorry, just a little sick of the drearies and had to vent. Happy weekend to you!

Carrie Ann said...

We should maybe have a little conversation about Pintrest. You are not trying to become some sort of style or coolness maven. Think of it more as a place where you are storing good ideas for future reference. It's fun to look at other things people have posted, but you shouldn't feel any sort of pressure for cool-ittude or not depending on what you pin. The pinning is for YOU, not for your "public following". If you pin for others, you are a sorry lot. It's like blogging simply to see how many comments you get. It's shallow and of little consequence. Pin for yourself, Em. Pin for you. But, yes, I want to see what good ideas you find.

Amy Lynn said...

It is HIGHLY addictive and creates all kinds of obsessive behavior. Be warned...and dang it's fun. Instead of having binders and binders of things I rip out of magazines or print out or bookmark, I put them on my little pinterest bulletin board where they are all neat and organized and easily located. It is fabulous. And I am in love.

Mandee said...

OPEN the box....it's really fun. You will LIKE it! I just found some really yummy pumpkin recipes all in time for our great Fall weather here in Arizona (choking even as I write that....it was 92 today). But I will still eat the yummy pumpkin stuff in honor of great Fall weather other people are experiencing!

Charlotte said...

You mean you didn't seek me out to follow me. Darn. Anyway, I was already using another site to track all the good ideas I found online and pinterest is just an easier way to to do it. I have found all kinds of good ideas and new recipes. Plus, I can take pictures at the store to track things on my to-buy list for decorating and gifts. I love it.