Monday, July 11, 2011

In mourning.

At 5:45 this morning our delightful company departed, leaving us all very sad and just a tad worn out from so much playing. 
I went back to bed. 
My kids watched three hours of cartoons. 
I did put in some laundry this morning but instead of dealing with the emptiness of the house I am going to take all the girls on an outing that is an hour away...Hobby Lobby and Sonic.  I had them at Sonic.  Also, I may or may not smell a little like hairy dog but I will explain that all later when I tell you about my company, our amazing adventures, and why I have a small bear living at our house right now.
But for now, I am going to fill the emptiness with onion rings and a route 66 limeade.
Peace out.

4 comments:

mo said...

Mmmmm, Sonic lemonade and onion rings. Do you have a dog at your house? I will be very surprised if that is the case. I'm so glad you got to have such fun cousin time! Now rest up good for the next big adventure!

Natalie Rose said...

Where, pray tell, are the hobby lobby and sonic located??? That sounds like an outing I could get behind! Great Falls is on our list...we went to Brookside Gardens last weekend which was fun! They do lights at Christmas time so we're going to head back then. Good place for the kids to run around, see beautiful flowers, lots of turtles, a rock labyrinth, maybe some poison ivy. They have a lovely butterfly garden but you do have to pay to get into that. The park itself is free to roam around. I thought it was worth those $30 to see them...Robert may disagree since he was dealing with my littles, who were a more than a "little" freaked out and thought the butterflies were going to devour them, and thus, nearly took half of them out in their rush for the exit. But, it was fun! :) We should do dinner again soon!

Amy Lynn said...

A dog? Really? They smell and shed and poop...3 strikes for me. But I will take one order of onion rings...and a large route 66 limeaide...and some cute nieces to go please. We are also dealing with the emptiness of cousins leaving...Matthew is wailing at my side at this very, very moment. Sigh.

Merianne said...

Next time you go to Sonic let me know! We may just have to join you guys. I love that place!