That picture had nothing to do with being back on track, I just made Clark e mail it to me this morning because it was so pretty I had to have it. Plus, his shoes make me swoon a little. And those legs in the plaid shorts...don't get me started. Seeing as how I have to go an entire day without seeing my husband, let's change the subject.
We passed by this movie on the TV the other night and then discussed who owed us money for the movie rights. Come on, I can be beautiful...or at least get a beautiful actress to play me.
We celebrated Spencer's (aka Pender Pants) birthday a little early since he is going to be in Japan for the rest of the summer. We watched our traditional birthday slide show of him and 99% of the pictures looked like this. (Fam, I will load the video on the family blog as soon as I remember, later that is.)
It was supposed to be a Top Gear themed party. It kinda was. The baby of the family is 30. That is a little frightening.
Back on track. Summer has finally begun. I realize that it's already mid July but we have had visitors and such so far. So this week it's on. I made a couple of goals last night as I went to bed before midnight (goal #1.) Goal #2 was to wake up before the girls. Check. OK, it was not way before the girls but my eyes were open and I was coherent enough to stop them from going downstairs and turning on the TV before their checklists were done. We even snuggled for a bit. AND I was dressed to work out before 9am. That is half way to the goal. I can't go work out until I know that some leeway on the lists has been made. My other goal was to have my scripture study done before getting on the computer to check e mail (and blog.) Oops. It's a work in progress my friends. I want to spend less time in my office so that my kids don't think I am always in here. That is goal #whatever # I was on. I feel like I am to a point in my life, one of those flows (as opposed to an ebb) where I can go the distance, do more things for other people, make things cute, enjoy and relax. Must be time to have a baby. (That is not an announcement.) Maybe instead of having a baby I will just get around to finally reading the Harry Potter series now that I have seen all the movies and know that I am OK with how it all ends.
And just for the side note, here are the checklists that some of you have asked me about. They are supposed to do these things every day so that they don't get too lazy and their brains don't turn to mush. They get a "Scharbuck" for each check mark. They can earn extra Scharbucks for being happy, kind, going the extra mile or for any other reason we see fit. They can also lose Scharbucks for bickering or disobeying in a timely manner. Each Monday morning I give them their Scharbucks for the week and they can turn them in at any time for anything out of my treasure chest (which is full of stuff from the dollar store...varying in costliness depending on how awesome the prize is.)
(Their jars have seen better days. They used to be cute but now they are tired looking...sorry, just had to justify the lack of "cute" in that picture.)
And so summer will summer on. I am finally off to the gym and who knows, maybe read a little this afternoon.
8 comments:
I want to be a fly on the wall and just enjoy the order (or almost order) of someone else's hard work. Cute Scharbucks, cute treasure box, cute everything.
Go get yourself a treasure for going the extra mile!
I think we're owed a portion of those movie rights as well...let me know when you find out where to collect!
If I had arms like C's, I wouldn't want to mar them with a farmer's tan either, yowza! :) lol! I can practically close my fingers around my skinny biceps, and let's not even get started with B...muscles just aren't his "strong" point ;)
No wonder you love my family pic, S looks like he could jump right in! As always, lots of fun goin' on at your house.
P.S. Don't think I'm lusting after your husband. I'm just envious. My perfect body is going to have nice arms, among other things ;) Until then, I'll live in this one and make do.
I love your Scharbucks. He is a handsome man. ;) Good for you for being so on top of things. I want to feel like that again some day. If you like this feeling, do not have baby #5. This is an older sister speaking from experience. But you are way more organized than me, so never mind. You can do it!
Thanks for the job chart info....very helpful!
Um, not to be lazy or anything, but could you just SEND me a copy of your job charts...and i may or may not take the time to change the names at the top before handing the charts to my kids?! I'm serious. You've got my email...
Love your husband. Always have. Especially in golf shoes...with or without his farmer tan.
Think the movie is hilarious...it would probably make my husband cry. He still isn't to the point where he can laugh at my maniacal emotional break downs.
And I love that you are goal driven. I have given up goals for the summer...maybe for the year...haven't decided yet. Wanna see my muffin top??
I dunno, you kind of remind me of me at your age...except you are way more disciplined and organized...and cuter, too. Okay, maybe I was nothing like you. I think you're amazing.
Post a Comment