We just got back yesterday from our holiday fun in Texas. It was a 24 hour drive each way and totally worth every public restroom with four daughters along the way. I love Clark's family. I love their cooking. The trip was wonderful except for the part where I had to leave a shoelace out of my shoe in the woods off an exit ramp in Louisiana. I will NOT tell you the details but I will tell you it had something to do with an emergency potty stop. Because of this emergency potty stop, I no longer like Louisiana. But I do love holidays in Texas.
I missed my own family horribly this holiday season. And I will continue to miss them as I sit on New Year's Eve wishing that my Dad was running up and down the street with a pot and spoon yelling "Oklahoma!" over and over again.
The suitcases are unpacked. The laundry is all done and put away. My office smells like saliva. I don't know what else I can wipe down with a Clorox. It stinks bad.
I want to write all about Christmas and I will soon. But I am overwhelmed by the fact that my sister has 45 new posts since I last checked anything on the computer. 45?! How can I compete with that? I won't. I will just enjoy others for a while.
Happy New Year. Go get yourself a pan and a spoon and just have fun!
5 comments:
We're getting the pots and spoons ready here. Do you think our missionaries will understand this tradition? Ready? OKLAHOMA! OKLAHOMA! OKLAHOMA!!!!
Glad you had a great time in the homeland. Glad you made it home safely. Sorry about Louisiana. Hope the smell goes away soon. Love you.
i do want to hear more about that louisiana pit stop...
Saliva smell is the WORST! Seriously. When my kids start to smell like that it is bath time. Immediately.
Don't be too impressed with the number of posts. I just decided I wanted to put all of my favorite December pictures on my blog and I really got going and had a difficult time stopping. I was uploading via Picasa, which would only allow me to upload four pics at a time... thus the huge number of posts.
I assume you were talking about me. Is there another sister that is trying to outdo me?
I must hear about the shoelace in Louisiana.
I am DYING to hear about your holiday fun in Texas...Scharmans and Texas are always good times. AND you got to hang out with Megan...I felt twinges of jealousy every time I thought about it. But I respect you need your space...no pressure...and there is that saliva smell to deal with...and what does a shoelace have to do with potty? I'm so curious...
Getting everything unpacked makes me happy. I hate having half-full suitcases for weeks on end.
And bless you. Twenty-four hours sounds like a nightmare to me right now, but I have a baby who does NOT like to sleep in the car.
I'm a little scared to hear the shoelace story, but it would probably be a normal occurrence for me. After all, I scooped a leaf out of the tub this morning that turned out not to be a leaf...
Post a Comment