Cute:
Not-so cute:
Wrong choice:
Right Choice:
New Story but from the same weekend:
I think I must insist that Clark take up a new profession-weekend locksmith. I am fairly certain that he could secure us a cushy retirement on this job alone. Highway. Robbery. Take it from me. It is much more convenient to lock your keys in the car during the hot months of early summer, with a child inside, than to do it on a rainy Sunday in September. The fire department will do it for free. The other guy will want your first born, your arm, and maybe a foot rub.And speaking of robbery, I witnessed a blatant crime this week in a rest stop restroom in Delaware. I watched a woman first attempt (it was an attempt at first because she saw me seeing her) and then actually stand on a toilet and reach over a stall to grab someone's purse. A gutsy move. Nonetheless ladies, be warned: KEEP YOUR HEAD UP WHILE USING PUBLIC RESTROOMS AND NEVER HANG YOUR PURSE OR BAG ON THE HOOK. Maybe you should just try never to use a public restroom because they are super gross.
I felt sick to my stomach afterwards. Not only do I HATE HATE HATE when people do things that are dishonest and unfair to others and get away with it, but there was nothing I could do except chase her out into the parking lot (while trying not to lose my four children beside me) and describe her 10 minutes later when we finally located a security person at the rest stop. For future notice, saying loudly that "she is about to get herself into a heap of trouble" will not deter someone from committing a crime. And to make it all worse, I spent precious moments uselessly pursuing her outside thus allowing the poor robbed woman with cute pink shoes to walk out of that restroom not knowing that someone had just removed something from her purse.
************************************
THIS ALL HAPPENED WHEN WE WERE HERE IN DC IN SEPTEMBER FOR HOUSE HUNTING...AND SINCE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER BREWING IN MY LITTLE HEAD RIGHT NOW, I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE SO THAT I DON'T HAVE THAT "WAITING TO BE POSTED" STATUS IN MY LIST OF POSTS. THAT FEELS SO INCOMPLETE.
5 comments:
That is so horrifying! Why didn't you tackle her to the ground. You say you had all 4 girls with you? "Get her, girls!!" I can see them all scrambling and tackling the culprit to the ground. OK, maybe that only worked in my imagination.
I'm still seriously disturbed that someone would do that.
I think the right choice looks nice and cozy. I was expecting something super ugly. Sigh of relief that we always have someone helping us make our decisions right?! :) Love you!
To be honest, I like the not-so-cute choice best (I'm a sucker for red brick split levels) and think the area that you're living in is fabulous! I'm a little jealous...if I had my choice, we would have been living up there too, maybe even further out...but, we too went with inspiration. AND, I took pity on my poor exhausted, overworked husband and let him have the final say...just to make him feel better.
oh, my gosh. I love you.
I hope you still like your choice. I think it looks lovely from what I've seen.
Post a Comment