June 1, 2000

Do you hear me,
I'm talking to you
Across the water across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying
Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh
They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you I promise you, I will
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Lucky we're in love every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday
And so I'm sailing through the sea
To an island where we'll meet
You'll hear the music fill the air
I'll put a flower in your hair
Though the breezes through trees
Move so pretty you're all I see
As the world keeps spinning round
You hold me right here right now
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
I'm lucky we're in love every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday
-Duet by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
xviiI do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way
than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.
-Pablo Neruda

22 comments:
Couldn't find a cuter couple anywhere. And just check out what you have to show for it! - 4 BEAUTIFUL baby girls, stretch marks, and a manditory ocean view. Enjoy your day! Clark doesn't deserve you.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Enjoy your day...love the pics. Such a CUTE couple!!
YAY! Congratulations- the big 0-9!!
What a cute post and tribute to your husband. That's my ring tone for when Todd calls me - I love that song. Happy Anniversary - hope you get to do something fun.
Congrats! I know what you mean about being married to your best friend. It's wonderful; I wish everyone could experience it.
Happy Day and Happy Memories! I hope you each have a great day-even though you are separated. Love you.
Hurray for anniversaries! You two are so in love and so sweet and tough. You have what it takes to last the eternities! Enjoy your special day. (I loved the song and poems! Someday I will take the time to be deep. You do it for me for now!)
I don't think our church necessarily believes in soul mates, so I always smile to myself when I realize I found mine anyway.
Looks like you found yours too.
Very cool that you went to a Garrison Keillor show. My husband went to one but sadly I had a very little one, so I stayed at home. Such is life.
I always suspected you to be a romantic. Now if only your husband were home for your anniversary it would have been perfect. I've been thinking of you ever since you reminded me...
Congrats!! How did you have the connections to get such an awesome song written just for you guys?? You're one cute couple.
I love that song, it always makes me smile.
I am just catching up on the blogs I have missed. You sure know how to keep things kicking and fun! The girls look so cute in their swim gear!
This sounds dumb, but I always cry when I read your blog--happy tears of course. (I don't know if I should really be saying this out loud on cyber-space). I love you two people. Happy Anniversary...and many more to come.
(And if it makes you feel any better, I can't even remember my kids names...much less my 5 tables. downright embarrassing). Thinking of you and Clarky today. and your darling girls wearing that stylish swimwear.
Am I the only person out there who hasn't heard this song? It's definitely not on the kids' CDs OR on NPR...I need some exposure.
I wish you had posted a reception picture...but we can make fun later. Here's to love--true love!
I would just like to add that I was present for all 3 of those pictures! Happy anniversary, my friend! I don't know the song either and I feel I'm pretty hip on pop culture.
ok, just listened to the song, I had heard it, just wasn't overly familiar, I suppose. There. I feel better now.
Though I've spent time with the two of you together maybe 3 times in my life.. you may very well be one of my favorite couples EVER.
(Did you know my Mom especially loved you two together?? Well she did!)Happy happy life together to you! (And may I say that first picture is fabulously romantic.
SO excellent.)
I thought of you guys the first time I heard that song and knew it would be a Navy anthem.
I remember your courtship and how happy I felt for you and how RIGHT it felt. (I know I'm not supposed to receive revelation for other people, but I totally DO...)
I love EMILY&CLARK.
Happy 9th!
What a great tribute. I just love your love story--you guys are awesome.
OK, so I was COMPLETELY out of my mind being intimidated by the depth and skill of your poetry and I finally had to quit reading and scroll to the end to make sure someone helped you write these things! :>) So beautiful! Happy 9 wonderful years...and I'm raising my glass of fat free milk and wishing you many, many more! I love you guys!
Beautiful poems. Happy anniversary!!
THREE CHEERS FOR THE SCHARMANS!
Thinking of you and your husband many miles apart but still one heart Love Chris
Post a Comment