But just for the sake of feeling accomplished tonight, here is a brief recap:
Halloween was super!...
I sewed like the wind to outfit us all as [generic] but adorably polka dotted superheroes...costumes that humorously turned out (as was poignantly articulated by my sister in law) Nacho Libre-esque. I had to agree. I just couldn't pin point what they looked like...but they were darling nonetheless. (Cold Halloween weather tends to make some costumes trickier than others...)
We carved.
We roasted.
We gorged ourselves on Kit Kats and Butterfinger wafers. Clark's and my favorite part of the day is when the girls all go to sleep and we get to dig through their buckets eating all the good stuff and leaving the flavored Tootsie Rolls and Mounds.
We just said good-bye to dear Spencer and Sho who spent a long weekend with us...I don't have one single picture because I only used their fancy-shmansy one the whole time...he is trying to teach me a thing or two in preparation for the day that I get to purchase my own...donations welcome. We love them. But I am excited to see his edited pics. We took a lot of really great ones, stay tuned for those. So, uh, get on that Spenc...let's not be lazy...your train should have pulled in like 5 minutes ago so hop to it! We will remember your visit fondly, except for the part where you reprogrammed my cell phone to make that crazy little noise when I open and close it. Almost as funny as when bro-in-law James reprogrammed it all in French. What else are little brother for, I suppose?
Now I have about 6 loads of laundry to catch up on...at least I finished cleaning up the exploded can of shaving cream out of my bathroom linen closet from about 4 days ago. I'm on the right track. Now if I could only get my poor husband home from work we could sit down, relax, and catch up on some of our shows...after all, it is only 9:30pm...he should be home any minute...any minute.
13 comments:
Cutest supergirls ever in the history of the world!!!! Sigh, I miss those days of going through your candy for the Almond Joys. Now I have to buy my own and sneak into them. It's not the same.
Those costumes were adorable. And I feel privledged to have my very own Emily made cape for Joseph.
I don't like Mounds either (which is why my costume was so funny). I have 6 loads of laundry to fold. By the time I'm done there will be that many to wash again.
My brother always want to "fix" my computer when they visit. And it gives me nightmares.
Good luck with housework!!
I'm on it! I'm on it!!
Thanks again for a fun fun fun weekend! The accommodations were most comfortable. We will be recommending you to everyone we know!
So, So cute-I loved them. I am so sorry that you are a single/married parent. I think that you, Meg and I should get together and take turns with kids, food, laundry etc. I am all for the commune! Love you.
Are you sure the capes were a good idea? 'Do you remember Thunderhead?'
Cute girls!
Oh they are such feminine superheros! I didn't know you sewed real things like clothes! You are amazing. Hope you and hubby get to hang out and watch tv soon.
I am happy to take all your Mounds. I love them. My kids did a horrible job of picking candy this year. When someone holds out a bowl of candy and says "Take 2", don't you think kids should ask their parents which ones to take? I swear my kids purposely picked my least favorite.
(Twinlinebackers incognito)
Polka-dotted superheroes!! Is there anything cuter? Did Clark get to be one too? I love the family theme, especially with four girls, your family is adorable. Way to sew like crazy.
Please mail me all of your unwanted Mounds bars. (You can keep the Tootsie Rolls though.)
So what did your adorable super heroines save the world from? Uncoordinated outfits? Undecorated rooms? Plain scrapbooks?
cute costumes! maybe one day i'll rekindle my sewing skills... or maybe not. but your girls were so cute!
oh my goodness, those are quite cute costumes. way to sew, my friend. your children will appreciate it years from now. Can't wait to see spencer's pictures.
Yes, stay away from propellors...but then Abby already knows that bc of what she is watching right now :)
They look adorable. The fall picture is one of perfection, and I am trying to be more happy for you than jealous.
Those costumes are so fun! What a great idea...I tried to get my children all pumped up for a family themed Halloween but they weren't going to have anything to do with it...especially since their costume preferences were changing every 12 hours.
Post a Comment