Monday, January 14, 2008

Mo, the tribe has spoken...

The other morning we were sitting at breakfast with our arms folded, waiting for someone to say the prayer. You see, my mother (as everyone who knows her affectionately calls her "Mo") had forgotten in her own home who is really in charge...I had to remind her that it was indeed still her. Then I assured her that she didn't need to be frightened even though we outnumbered her, we would never vote her off the island.Later that night our conversation went something like this:
(after a typical day of mothering small kids, we were slightly tired...)

Mo: you know Emily, it's OK, you can vote me off the island.

Me: No no, you can stay, I'll go...

Oh Jeff, you got the right idea.

14 comments:

Kara said...

I loved catching up on all this. You are one sassy lady, yeah, that's right, I said SASSY!

Sarah said...

You are very funny! My mom has been here since I had the baby and I think she forgot how tiring a two year old can be...

Mandee said...

Can I please be voted off my island?

Jessica said...

That picture cracks me up! So, the ones that get to stay on the island are usually the most crafty, tough ones...so, that would be the kids right??

Rynell said...

This "after a typical day of mothering small kids, we were slightly tired.." is, I dare say, an understatement. Tired. I hear you.

Hope you're feeling better!

Becky said...

Can I be sent to an island? My own?

Sunnie said...

i love the look of snow when it's all piled up and untouched like on that table and chairs. i hope you didn't make you mom stay out there too long. it looks freezing:) and i'd happily be voted off this kid-infested island i call my house. even just for a day. i wouldn't mind, really.

Oscarson Photography said...

you guys are just so adorable...

zippity-do-da said...

I'm impressed that any adult gets a say in prayer. If we ask someone-Owen screams "I say it, I say it" Inevitably our Island is rules by the little people. Mo can migrate to our island if she get's kicked off.

Abby said...

Yesterday I wanted to kick Cubby off the island...but looking at that picture now I feel reallt bad for saying that. Maybe some nice gypsies would take him.

Amy Lynn said...

Are we all going to an island? Was I invited? And the kids are all staying with the nanny, right? Speaking of nannies, why doesn't mine ever show up?

Kirkhams said...

I love the new mullet hair cuts!Though I do think Jeff would even be more impressed because he had one similar to Haleys. I've thought that same thought about my children. They must be passed the age of child hair cutting. Either mine are smarter than yours or I have a better scissor hiding place than you do...who knows, maybe I'll be posting a similar post here in several weeks.

Now for neighborhood business...your porch has looked perfectly "butt" free for weeks. I think the problem has been remedied.(does that even make sense?)

Suzie Petunia said...

I keep getting voted off... but they never send me anywhere good. Usually the laundry room or some place lame like that.

Julie said...

I have island fever-- I need to get off. It is much too much like the "Lord of the Flies" some days....

Maybe we can island hop down to Bountiful!