Wednesday, April 25, 2007

sometimes it skips a beat...



You know that feeling that you get sometimes when your husband walks in the room and your affection for him takes you by surprise? It's that feeling I got all the time when we were dating. Those times when I thought to myself, "wow, he's handsome" and then I suddenly remembered that he was mine.
Tonight I had one of those moments with my kids...it's not that rare. Not to say that it happens daily, but it happens and I recognize it and I'm grateful for it. It's a surge of adrenaline and excitement about what I have and what I am witnessing. It's little glimpses of my most favorite things...things that make me so overcome that I lose my breath and my heart actually skips a beat.

7 comments:

Abby said...

It will feel like I'm losing 3 children of my own when we leave, you realize. I know I'm just the aunt that's always around and has no qualms about correcting or issuing punishment (I also tattle), but it's meant a lot to get to be there to experience them. I need to blog about Cubby and Mia's "bond."

mo said...

That's how it feels to be a grandmother sometimes. Think of Christmas time--all of my children, their spouses, my parents, and all of my grandchildren together in one room laughing, talking and having fun. It was a heart-stopper.

Sarah said...

I often feel the same about my little man--and the big man too. I just stop in the moment, and squeeze him (the small one). It's those moments that make motherhood so great. Maybe your little neighbor bird feels the same about seeing all of her eggs in a nest together!

Julie said...

Ohhhhh. Those are some sweet pictures. True beauty right there-- all three of them. They come by it honestly, though.

Sunnie said...

i love that last picture of the girls- so cute! i had a quick moment like that with elle the other day where you feel so happy she is your's and so excited about her life.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

That moment strikes me whenever all my multitudes of mini-Infidels are playing together nicely and quietly. In other words, it's a rare event!

Rynell said...

ahhh. I love these thoughts because I have had several like it this last week.