My bloggy hiatus is over, for now. My husband and I have been on the planning committee for our stake's youth conference which just took place this past weekend. It was a pioneer handcart trek. The meetings were plentiful, the planning rigorous and detailed, the babysitters saints. It went beautifully thanks to the many people who contributed ideas and planning do's and don'ts from past experience. We are still tired so my humor is depleted and my energy is just enough to get the house back into shape. Here are just a few pics of our great weekend. That's Clark on his best friend/worst enemy for three days--he was our trail boss and did a fantastic job.
We had tons of mud, lots of sausage and plenty of sore hands and feet. And though we prepared ourselves for a hot, humid Texas camp out we were surprised our last morning with sleet and weather in the 30's!
*Thanks Aunt Jan for your booklet! Yours will find its way back to you soon--it was incredibly helpful! I'll have to send along a pic of our finished product, thank you!
11 comments:
When you are all rested, have your house in order, and can think again, I want to hear everything about the trek. It sounds like it was an amazing experience.
me too! I want to know all about it!
Ha Ha! Look at that mud! You guys are truly dedicated. Good job.
BRRRRR!!
our stake is doing that this weekend, how funny that they planned the same thing.
I hope it goes well, and look forward to hearing about yours.
I love the pictures...You all look like the real thing. Good going! Did the kids handle it okay?
I've always wished we had done that when we were youth. Oops. I should be careful what I ask for... that will probably be my next calling! :) I can't wait to hear the detailed report, too. I hear it was incredible.
How fun! We did that the summer after my senior year in HS. I loved it. It was a great testimony builder. I know that all of the work you out into it wasn't waisted. You've helped testimonies grow.
Amen--just listening to the descriptions of all that happened--I was moved to tears and can't help but think there were some youth there who gained a testimony in the course of that experience.
Wow looks cool. I guess that would really be cool I'm the weather. Clark looks like the real thing. Pretty nice looking horse he's got there. Is being a trail boss worth having the horse. I got to tell you after 3 days pulling a handcart a horse looked like a SUV to me. I want to hear the details some time. Good work
i wanna see a pict of you! please give more details later...
Post a Comment