Friday, March 23, 2007

Do you ever just feel LOST?

I love LOST. I am totally hooked (even though we don't have cable and we have to watch it Thursday night on the computer, it's still exciting...)
But let me explain something. Just in case you don't watch it, and want to, this is what you can expect:
Imagine that you are super hungry. Like, really hungry and all you want is say, a chocolate bar. Now, just once a week someone comes to you and unwraps a huge, creamy candy bar and offers you a lick. Just a lick...perhaps a tiny nibble. And then they wrap the candy bar and put it away until next week.
That is what it is like.
Dang suspenseful show that just leaves you asking more questions and wanting oh so much more. It's truly a love hate relationship that I love a bit more than I hate.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I've tried and tried and tried but I CANNOT get into the show. There is something wrong with me, I know. I tried again this week but just couldn't understand why to care. What should I do?

Sunnie said...

i think that they call it "lost" because you are literally lost the whole time. they introduce tid bits of all of these different stories and never dwell on something for very long. they definitely leave you hanging, wanting more. i haven't watched for the past few weeks, but i do really like the show.

Suzie Petunia said...

I used to love Lost that much, too. But like big bellied momma I am starting to feel like they are never going to wrap up any of the story lines they have started. I'm feeling used. But I can't stop watching...yet.

Mandee said...

It is that darn JJ Abrahms. He creates these great shows that instantly hook you and then he DESTROYS them. Another good example....ALIAS! For any of you that were Alias fans you know what I am talking about. We went from just great tv to a big red ball and walking zombies. I mean come on!

Sarah said...

I am sorry...I don't watch it! I think it's one of those shows that you have to be in on from the starting gun, and I missed the beginning of the race. Maybe I was eating a chocolate bar.

Abby said...

I missed it from the beginning too--never seen even one episode, and now I feel too far behind and overwhelmed by the task of catching up. So there--I guess you could say I don't eat chocolate bars! (Insert a self-righteous little "hmm.")
I'm laughing really hard at the making a deal with Haley thing. Har har.

Kristin said...

I too have not watched an episode and reading these comments, I feel sort of vindicated, because, I thought I was the ONLY one living who didn't watch the show.

michaelstubbs said...

I don't think that licking is a good way to eat a candy bar.

Carrie Ann said...

Every week after the show I exclaim in a loud, incredulous voice, "WHAT THE CRAP?!"

Kara said...

I've never been able to get into that show. It's too slow for me, or something. I like reading the comments on this blog cause I literally thought I was the only person in the world that didn't watch it or like it.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

We LOVE Lost, it is the only show on television that my husband is interested in...we have friends that borrowed teh beginning DVD's to get into it...but it is going very slow and annoying that they only reveal a little at a time, I love that they really get into the characters past lives...and by the way it isn't on cable...we don't have cable either, it's on free tv, ABC all you need are some bunny ears up top and voila! but it is nice to air shows online when i miss them

Dallas and Krista said...

I agree with Carrie- "WHAT THE CRAP?" My husband is a lover of Lost but it just drives me crazy- so many questions- never any answers. It's like they answer questions by giving you more questions. It is so unsatisfying to me. Yet... I still watch it... every single week. Why?

Rainie said...

I've never even seen the show, can you believe it? It's like "Friends" for me, it came and went and I never saw one. I'm sure I would love it though, so do I tempt myself with one more T.V. obsession? I remember about a year ago at this time it was also you who tempted us with "The Office". We are now the biggest fans ever, it's our favorite hobby together!