Tuesday, July 25, 2006
The rainy day "can't hardlys"
My sister uses that phrase all the time. I got a case of the "can't hardlys". I guess it means that I can't really get going doing anything tremendously productive. We have already been to the doctor, returned books to the library and visited Costco--so I guess we got some things done. I bought a magazine at the store and now I am going to go downstairs and read celebrity gossip while my children watch TV or do puzzles. The house it totally clean and its rainy outside. I love the rain. I love being inside a dark house on a really rainy day...thunder in Houston is a total bonus. Maybe I'll make something really yummy for lunch. Any suggestions? Want to come play at our house on this rainy day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
For a time bandit you are doing very well today! And you did all these things before lunch time! Unbelievable! I wish we could come and be with you on a rainy day!
I LOVE celebrity gossip magazines! I just bought 2 of them myself and it isn't rainy here, I also LOVE gloomy rainy days. I think I'd do well in Seattle!
how do you do that? How is your house totally clean and your errands run and you have time to read a fun magazine chaos all around you? Know that you have a gift.
IT'S RARE!
Not sure you can claim to have the "can't hardly's." Seems to me you got quite a bit accomplished before lunchtime. I'm lucky if we are all out of bed, fed, and dressed in clean clothes . . hair and make-up is a bonus!!
There is sort of a subtle super-mom undertone in this entry...but you deserve it because you don't give yourself nearly enough credit. It sounds so quaint. I too love a good stormy day.
I lvoe the rain too. I love it when the house gets dark and shakes with the thunder and rain pounds down. I love the lightening too. I have never been afraid of it.
Seriously Emma...I'm lucky if I get ONE errand run before dinner. But I have discovered that Arby's loaded potato bites, an orange dream shake (also from Arby's) and a trashy magazine while sitting the car listening to 80's music is a cure for just about any ailment. Really.
I love rain too. Houston has the BEST storms!
"Can't hardly" find the time to post these days? ha ha.
Post a Comment