This is for you, and all others who want to know this inigmous stud that I call my husband. He really does drive submarines. He's in the United States Navy and we are proud of that. He makes me happy and he makes me laugh. You know that "happy place" we go to imagine total peace and relaxation? He is there with me. He is confident and strong and very smart. Sometimes that gets on my nerves but mostly I love it. He is an incredible Dad. He rough houses and plays but loves to cuddle and tell his girls how beautiful they are and how much he loves them. I am not always patient with him but he is usually patient with me. I love his sense of humor and his desire to do what is right. He isn't perfect. He throws his socks into the dirty clothes bunched up and leaves his shoes all over the place but he is a good person who would jump at the chance to do something for someone else...and frequently does. I miss him every minute that he is not with us. He balances out my weaknesses and helps me to be a better person. He tries really hard to care when I talk about stupid things. He thinks that our family is the most important thing in the world just like me. We don't always see eye to eye. In fact we are very different people with more differences than similarities. It takes us more time to work through some things but it is always worth it to see something in a different light than you did before. I don't like to idealize things that aren't perfect. Some women claim to be married to prince charming who couldn't do anytning wrong. I prefer to walk down the path with someone who has room to grow, like me. We can grow together. I don't mean to say that we can grow closer together. We grow at the same time, and the result is that we do grow closer: closer to each other, closer to our children and closer to the Lord. I am grateful every day for the companionship of a man who sometimes uses my towel and then leaves it damp on my side of the bed. And he's darn cute.
10 comments:
As time goes by Clark looks more and more like his Dad.......not a bad thing at all.
My Papi is always patient with my erratic mood swings and "heathenism". He also is aging much more gracefully than I am. How is it possible to look hotter 12 years after marriage than before?
Hooray for bootylicious, wonderful husbands!!!!
Oh, you have now made me miss him AND you terribly! He has always been a generous and genuinely kind person. I remember that even in high school. I can't believe you married someone from high school! Isn't that weird? What if I had done that?! (Let's not go there.) Tell the studly submarine driver "hello" from me. I think so highly of him. ;)
We all love and appreciate your suburban cowboy...you didn't mention the beautiful flowers he sent from across the globe! points for him!
We love and are grateful for our Texan son-in-law. He is quite the remarkable husband, daddy, son, and good friend. We are so glad that we lived in Texas so you could marry him. I hardly ever even think about the time he burned me on the neck with a burning punk. Really. What is "inigmous" anyway? I couldn't find it in the dictionary.
You know, I can't even remember but Word said that it was a word. Sometimes I use the Thesarus so I can sound smarter, brighter, more intelligent, wiser than I really am.
he really is studly. I'm so happy that you're so happy.
he's good with a assault rifle and a few hand grenades when you need some backup killing g.....s too!
Oh, I like your husband a lot too! I love that no matter where we all live in the world, we will always have a hunk of Texas in our lives! I find it comforting. Squeeze his cheeks (the facial ones) and tell hiim I think he is really great!
Did he really send you flowers from around the world? Nice.
Have you nothing to say about your recent adventures? I'm WAiting...
I really enjoy the comments about the towel on the floor and socks bunched up...funny because i'm the slob in my fam and he's the cleaner upper....you did wax very philosophical, love it!
Post a Comment