Monday, June 26, 2006

Little Girls, Little Girls...

...everywhere I look, I can see them. Little girls, little girls--every day I eat, sleep and breathe them...
I love living in Houston near many of our cousins-especially so many GIRL cousins! When we get together there are instantly naked girls switching and swapping outfits and finding all sorts of girly things to get into. Playdates with our cousins usually end with every item of clothing they own out on the floor and jewelry and hair things scattered in between--and we love it!
A few days ago we had a little tea party. The girls and I decided that we wanted to have a special activity that we did all summer long, taking turns to invite different friends and family for a special tea date. We had our cousins, (four girl cousins) and one neighbor girl over for tea. They wore their favorite dress.
june1 (18)
When they came in they got to choose from our array of scarves, shoes, hats and jewelry. Auntie Abby was in the kitchen making delightful cupcakes and tiny sandwhiches in adorable shapes.
june1 (23)
The girls had a blast acting like ladies and using tremendously polite manners (many of them in British accents, why does that happen?)
june1 (26)
june1 (24)
june1 (20)
We had a lot of fun! If you come visit us, maybe we'll throw you your very own tea party!

8 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

What perfectly girly fun! Oh I wish Daisy and I could have been there. (We would leave the icky boys at home, of course.)

Abby said...

ADORABLE! I enjoyed this post tremendously (like I wasn't there?) and your house looks pretty in the background too--swet little ladies...I like H's cupcake with the top missing...hmmmm.

Suebee said...

Okay, that does it, I'm coming to Texas. I didn't know we would get to have tea parties if we came. I love your girly household. (Clark excluded in the girly bit.)

Unknown said...

sooooo cuuuuute! Oh, my goodness, your little pumpkin (I'm not sure which one is which) looks EXACTLY like you! I love your mix-n-match tea set!

mo said...

I'm a girl...can I come?

Julie said...

I have two girls... can we come some day?

Emma Jo said...

You are ALL welcome, ANYTIME! It's always time for a tea party at our house!

Amy Lynn said...

You realize I COLLECT tea pots and cups and am obsessed with the culture of the "tea party"? What a fabulous idea! Dang you're good! "I'm so glad I wore my pretty dress!"