Thursday, September 08, 2005

Mama Mia!

Here she is folks! The little wonder emerged on September 1, 2005 at precisely 7:57pm. She was a slimy 7 pounds, 12 ounces (tiny for a baby from my loins) and 21 1/4 inches long. This entry is going to be record short but I want you all to take a moment to oogle at this adorable baby and be amazed that I am blogging one week after having a baby. I put one kid down for a nap, my mom left this afternoon (yes I know she only lives 3 miles away but she humored me with a one week stay anyway because she is the best mom). So there is a lonely tear in my eye (my husband also went back to work today), both breasts are exposed following the latest feeding to which I hope she will wake up and finish, and a little baby across the Boppy on my lap.sweet pea A baby with freakishly long toesbig foot and a swirly little "cowlick" in the center of her forehead.swirly hair Mommyhood is pretty neat.

6 comments:

Emma Jo said...

UM I KIND OF FORGOT TO MENTION THAT WE NAMED HER TOO. THIS IS
Mia Lovisa. MIA, SAY HELLO.

Suzie Petunia said...

Way to multi-task, Em! Impressive! Hello, little Mia! I'm so glad you're here. And Em, I can't tell you what a relief you used "Mama Mia" first, because that song goes through my head every time I think of her. Does it eventually stop? Mia is an adorable name. And I love ABBA. "Mama Mia! Here I go again!... How can I resist ya?..."

Carrie Ann said...

Love it love it love it. The name and the cute baby who I can't wait to meet! Good job Emily!

Carrie Ann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Oscarson Photography said...

FLEM-ALY!!! i was there! you were great! mia is adorable! sho loves the name and the baby she's never met! and to carrie, you cant just go writting comments and then deleting them, leaving a scar of what was once there for us to think about!! its just plain mean!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Your baby is sooooo beautiful! It makes me baby hungry! I love your site! I couldn't quit reading your stories! What a beautiful family and life you have. You seem to have it well put together.