Sunday, October 09, 2005

Mr. Moms

So the other night we decided that the men would take a turn with the wee ones. "Hey Clark and James, would you watch the little people so we can 'whatever whatever'?" "Sure, no prob" came the reply. We were indeed impressed with their parenting abilities. It was minutes before we realized that it was oddly quiet upstairs.
babysitters
Notice the vacant and mesmorized look on sweet, innocent baby Caleb's face. (Is it just me or does he have very much the same pleased smirk on his face as his father?)
I like to sit and watch my husband play with our kids. He has always been great with kids. When we lived in South Carolina, before we had any of our own, the neighborhood children would knock on our door and ask if Clark could play. I'm not joking. From time to time I cringe at the rough-housing that he is teaching our sweet, gentle, feminine daughters, and only occasionally do I step in and intervene. But I love that they are adventurous, silly, imaginative and have no fear. They have inherited the best of both of our senses of humor. I mean, we come from pretty funny families. And though there are some games I wish we didn't play, and tricks I wish they didn't know, I wouldn't change anything about who they are.
I have to admit that tonight during the "lets lick each other's face" game I was laughing. Then again, tomorrow it might not seem so funny.
goofy
goofy2

3 comments:

Abby said...

I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!

Suzie Petunia said...

Could they BE any cuter?

Don't ever lick my face. Ever.

Carrie Ann said...

Yeah, I hate the trick where one of them pushes you and the other one is on their hands and knees behind you so you fall over...that's a rotten trick...but they are adorable.