Technology has made an incredible difference in all of the changes happening with everything. I mentioned that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of some period of history and how we differ...I love thinking about day to day life of those that have lived through different time periods, how we are the same, how we are different and how I could fare in any given century.
Schools are using google classroom to connect with their students and teachers. The girls are using Zoom to video conference in to seminary every morning. We had ward council a couple of weeks ago using Google Hangout and last night we Face-timed with Clark's parents and a couple of siblings. Then we got on a conference call with every member of my family. I will admit that I haven't had that many melancholy moments since all of this started. I'm not without understanding of how dire the situation really is or how bad it may become, but I feel proud of myself for taking most of it in stride and not becoming too overwhelmed. I have been blessed with mostly a clear discernment of what I need to do to handle what is mine to control and to let go and have faith in what I cannot. I wasn't even that devastated when I was told that my kids weren't going back to school until this fall. I was disappointed at opportunities lost, a soccer season for Jonah that never even got to start, Hazel had just barely made the middle school field hockey team and Abby is taking voice lessons. I welcome the absolute freeze on everything, even church because it was all becoming too much. Too much that took us away from each other physically and emotionally. To see all of my family together and to hear how everyone is doing, made me a little melancholy for the first time and I can't really even explain why. I love these people. They are such a huge part of my life and I am sad to be separated from them. They are good people. And they are funny and smart and talented. My siblings are amazing and they are married to equally amazing men and women and seeing a whole new generation that has sprung from us is beyond enjoyable. I am grateful for my parents and for the life that I have had the privilege to live. I don't take it for granted. Not one part of it, the good and the bad, the struggles the heartache and the absolute joy.
Schools are using google classroom to connect with their students and teachers. The girls are using Zoom to video conference in to seminary every morning. We had ward council a couple of weeks ago using Google Hangout and last night we Face-timed with Clark's parents and a couple of siblings. Then we got on a conference call with every member of my family. I will admit that I haven't had that many melancholy moments since all of this started. I'm not without understanding of how dire the situation really is or how bad it may become, but I feel proud of myself for taking most of it in stride and not becoming too overwhelmed. I have been blessed with mostly a clear discernment of what I need to do to handle what is mine to control and to let go and have faith in what I cannot. I wasn't even that devastated when I was told that my kids weren't going back to school until this fall. I was disappointed at opportunities lost, a soccer season for Jonah that never even got to start, Hazel had just barely made the middle school field hockey team and Abby is taking voice lessons. I welcome the absolute freeze on everything, even church because it was all becoming too much. Too much that took us away from each other physically and emotionally. To see all of my family together and to hear how everyone is doing, made me a little melancholy for the first time and I can't really even explain why. I love these people. They are such a huge part of my life and I am sad to be separated from them. They are good people. And they are funny and smart and talented. My siblings are amazing and they are married to equally amazing men and women and seeing a whole new generation that has sprung from us is beyond enjoyable. I am grateful for my parents and for the life that I have had the privilege to live. I don't take it for granted. Not one part of it, the good and the bad, the struggles the heartache and the absolute joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment